Router Plane

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
I have the Veritas, and have been happy with it. Visibility isn't as good as the old Stanleys, though. One thing I like is that I can remove the plow head for sharpening, which makes it much easier.

One thing that impressed me with Lee Valley is that they came out with a set of narrow cutters after I had bought my plane, and offered them to me at a greatly reduced price (which I took advantage of). Very good follow-on customer support IMHO.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Jonathan katz Moses, just some youtuber.

I'm not sure that's fair. He has almost half a million subscribers, runs a woodworking business, sells plans and templates for furniture and shop fixtures, designs and markets his own line of tools, and runs a mail-order business that carries his brand of tools as well as those of others. Some of the proceeds from the sale of his items go to a fund he created for disabled woodworkers.

He has over 200 videos on YT and the production quality is excellent, unlike many YT DIY videos. Many of his videos are aimed at the beginner to intermediate woodworker, guys like me.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I'm not sure that's fair. He has almost half a million subscribers, runs a woodworking business, sells plans and templates for furniture and shop fixtures, designs and markets his own line of tools, and runs a mail-order business that carries his brand of tools as well as those of others. Some of the proceeds from the sale of his items go to a fund he created for disabled woodworkers.

He has over 200 videos on YT and the production quality is excellent, unlike many YT DIY videos. Many of his videos are aimed at the beginner to intermediate woodworker, guys like me.
Still never heard of him before this.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Still never heard of him before this.
You have, you just don't remember. There are so many of those YT channels it's hard to keep them straight. If you do a search of "Katz Moses" on NCWW a number of threads come up on everything from marking knives and sandpaper to shop aprons and dovetail jigs.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Till I watched a couple of the videos, I didn't even know that I needed a router plane. ENABLERS! Now it's on my bucket list of tools that I want, but most likely won't ever use

Gripbd

BD
User
Can’t believe that Lee Valley considers the KM plane a rip off of their design. The Veritas uses a blade adjustment that is just like the Stanley 71. The KM has a totally unique blade holder/adjuster, which based on the video, is a big improvement.I don’t think that the shape of the base is a critical part of the design.

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
Banggood sells the Hongdui|KM router plane.

Currently, Banggood is doing their yearly 11.11 sales.

As of today, the price is $160. I am not sure if the price will drop a little on the actual 11.11 day, but check it out.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors