Router help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have a Benchdog contractor pro router table. Long story how I got it. Anyway I am thinking about buying a Bosch 1617 router to put into it. Any one have experience with those routers?

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I have the 1617 EVS and the 1613 EVS plunge router, but I don't use either one in a router table. Both are very sweet tools and a pleasure to use.

HTH

Bill

jemcguire

New User
John
Scott
I have the 1617 EVSPK and am very happy with it, although it doubles as my plunge router so there are times when I'm swapping it in and out of the router table. I dream of latching that Titan under the router table. Some day...

John

DWSmith

New User
David
I have 3. Tough, dependable and a good value.

Also have a 1611 3 hp and a 1613 plunge router.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
YOU CAN TRY AS HARD AS YOU WANT<> BUT YOU CAN"T MAKE ME JEALOUS!!!
When I was in your shop, you had room to walk around. Obviously there's way too much wasted space. BUY MORE TOOLS!

Cato

New User
Bob
I have a Benchdog contractor pro router table. Long story how I got it. Anyway I am thinking about buying a Bosch 1617 router to put into it. Any one have experience with those routers?
I have the 1617 EVS and have it in a Bosch router table and it works great. Nice to be able to use the little allen key above the table to advance your cut depth. Plenty of power for the projects I have used for. Edge moldings, mortises, tenons, dado. I like 1/2 in. bits the best as the shaft is meatier than 1/4 bits, but have used both with no problem.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I have the Bosch 1617 kit with both bases, it is not the one that slipped and cut the end of my finger off.

i probably never will use a router table again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS