router bits

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Ray,

I took a quick look at the website. Load of carbide tipped bits but I didn't see any name brand. That means you don't know anything about quality or company reputation. Being somewhat of a paranoid, I'd procede with some caution. If the price seems really good, maybe buy a bit and see how it works, and how well it's made. This could be a really good deal, or it could be a job lotter who buys up all the bits that didn't pass the QA inspection from the name brand manufacturers.

Ray

MarkW

New User
Mark
I had read some posts on another board that these bits seemed to be well worth the money so when I needed some molding bits I decided to check them out and went ahead and bought this set. http://www.bladesnbits.com/merchant.ihtml?pid=305&lastcatid=84&step=4

I have used about 3 of them a few times each and while I will be the first to admit that they are not the quality of CMT and the like, they did the job and performed fairly well. The carbide seemed about as thick as the woodcraft bits and they seem to be balanced well. ( I didn't feel too scared when running them :) )

All this being said, I think they would work great as occasional bits such as what I use the planer set for. But I would look elsewhere for my bread and butter bits.

BTW I did cut the molding for this http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/data/587/medium/100_4633.jpg with the set.

Hope this helps.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Does that mean that you can't have too many of them ,unless SWHMBO finds out. Recently finished my clamp cart. Suddenly all of my clamps will be one place. It isn't easy to hide a six foot tall cart load of Besies and other things. What is worse is trying to hide something that is painted PM yellow. Personally I like bits from MLCS and Woodline. They are excellent value for price. Oh yeah, don't forget the Woodcraft $5.00 bits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS