Rounding off a corner

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have some 1/4" x 1" pieces of various lengths that I need to round one corner of. I can take them to my spindle sander but there must be a better way. They do not have to exact but close. I have about 50 pieces to do. Because of the various lengths it would not have been simple to round off the boards before ripping. Any suggestions?

AllanD

Allan
Corporate Member
So 1/4" thick and 1" wide and various lengths? Kinda like a bunch of paint stir sticks? I would just stack 3 or 4 together and use my disc sander. Use one as a template and mark the curve with a pencil and sand to match.

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
A template with a flush trim router bit or flush trim sanding drum you can put in a drill press.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
So 1/4" thick and 1" wide and various lengths? Kinda like a bunch of paint stir sticks? I would just stack 3 or 4 together and use my disc sander. Use one as a template and mark the curve with a pencil and sand to match.
I agree w/ Allan. Disc sander. Depending on the radius you like, you can use a coin, washer, socket, etc., as a template.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Assuming you are rounding over the ends. Router table and a sled. Same as you would for cope and stick cabinet doors.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS