rough oak for sale

TBoomz

New User
Ron
approx. 520 BF,
air-dried.
5/4" thick
random widths 4" - 11" x 100" long
....flat, rift, & quartersawn, mostly red oak. might be some WHT,..
asking $1.10BF
about 80 boards

TBoomz

New User
Ron
sorry about the lack of photos; tend to get distracted a lot. My camera's charging now.

Nate, I actually have over 3000 BF of lumber random widths and lengths. [my family calls me a hoarder. Time to get rid of it. I'm more a farmer, than woodworker, these days. Will never get around to using it all. Plus, I'm only woodworker in family.]

Most of the lumber is OAK, have two stacks - the other stack is 100" long.

Some walnut [some live edge] w/ random widths up to 14" and 8' - 14" long.
... and one stack of cedar.......
all lumber is rough sawn, air-dried and for sale by the stack or boardfoot.

I also have some kiln-dried lumber in my workshop. Mostly offcuts and scrap from various projects. Variety of wood species. Will sell by the bundle.

I prefer that customers DON"T tear thru a whole stack - just to pull out a few select pieces - and then expect ME to restack it all.
If someone feels a need to go down thru a couple of layers - fine - I understand that. ...But not to the bottom of a 20 layer stack [it's happened].

My sister's property was logged and after the fact, the loggers pushed a huge pile of butt logs into a gully...without telling either my brother or me, beforehand. Before it happened, I remember looking at the pile and thinking how much nice lumber it would make.
Most are 36' - 48" wide and 8' - 12' long. Some are solid to the core and mostly oak. Once I get my tractor fixed, I hope to be able to pull out and start sawmilling the better logs, this year...altho not sure if can break down the 4'W logs with my
woodmizer LT35.

Will sell the 520BF stack - whole - for $500. Have bobcat to lift onto trailer.

Last edited:

TBoomz

New User
Ron
here's a couple of stacks. shown = walnut, oak, & cedar

update: been thinking,...there's a fair amount of waste planing down air-dried lumber. Dropping asking price down to $400 for the 520bf Oak stack. (I need the space)... [1st two photos]...............4th photo = cedar

Attachments

• SAM_0952.JPG
    SAM_0952.JPG
    311.3 KB · Views: 218
  • SAM_0951.JPG
    SAM_0951.JPG
    304.7 KB · Views: 222
  • SAM_0959.JPG
    SAM_0959.JPG
    325.3 KB · Views: 219
  • SAM_0960.JPG
    SAM_0960.JPG
    306.2 KB · Views: 207
  • SAM_0955.JPG
    SAM_0955.JPG
    314.3 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:

TBoomz

New User
Ron
I wish I had a way to get all of that wood as well as space for it.
If you've ever driven to the Gibsonville Hardwood store, I'm less than 8 miles southwest of them. Pull out all the stickers and the whole stack will fit in the back of a pickup. Boards are only 8.5' long. Restack it two feet wide and however high - won't take up that much space. A pity it ain't pine, otherwise could get a pretty penny for it, these days.

Robert166

robert166
Corporate Member
I am interested a well, not to be a gloomy Gus, last air dried I bought, the powder post beetles had infested it. Hard to see sometimes on rough cut how bad it could be. Burned over half it because of those pests.

TBoomz

New User
Ron
$4 BF
I am interested a well, not to be a gloomy Gus, last air dried I bought, the powder post beetles had infested it. Hard to see sometimes on rough cut how bad it could be. Burned over half it because of those pests.
the oak [4 stacks] and cedar[1 stack] have been outside under plastic since milled.

Most of the walnut was stored in a barn under a ton of straw for 20+ years,...till my brother decided his rusting farm equipment deserved the spot. Had i not shown up when I did, he'd have dumped those walnut boards out into the woods. It's, now, stacked outside under cover.

I also have a bit more walnut that has been in my father's old workshop for 25+ yrs. He kept a hot fire going in it most of the year. Everything stayed very dry inside.

I have several stacks of lumber that have been air drying for more than 8+ yrs. Looking to eventually sell all - whether by the boardfoot or stack. I've burnt most of the pine and poplar for firewood - so none to sell. If anyone's interested in maple, plan on milling a couple of logs soon.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS