Rough Cut Walnut and 2 pieces hard pine for stair treads & other workshop items

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsomom24

New User
Ruth
I am emptying out a workshop and looking for the best place and manner to sell everything in it. I could use some help in knowing how to price some of the items and then I could use help knowing where and how to post items to sell. My apologies if I'm using incorrect online etiquette. I am in Greensboro. I would greatly appreciate any guidance or suggestions. Thank you.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
I would start with craigslist. How you price them depends on how quickly/easily you want to sell them. There are also classifieds on this site, but I think you will reach more people on craigslist.

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
You could post a list of what you are trying to sell and we may be able to give you a general idea of each item's value.

gsomom24

New User
Ruth
Thanks for you reply. I have posted items on Craigslist, but I don't know how to price the wood. I want to price it fairly for the quality and type of wood that it is, but I don't know about wood, so I'm looking for advice and guidance on what a fair price would be per bd. ft. of rough cut walnut. Is there a way to know whether it's been kiln dried or not? Thank you.

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
Would this be the correct place to post the items?

You could certainly post some pictures here to get some input on pricing. Don't expect that you will be able to get retail prices. My normal target for buying/selling on craigslist is ~50% of retail.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
You can post wood for sale in the wood forum, other items can be put in the classified section.

I could tell if the Walnut has been air dried or steamed in a kiln by looking at it, but not sure if I could tell from a picture. Might be able to. Steaming washes out the heart-wood in order to give more color to the sap-wood. I think it is much nicer to have the rich mult-colored heart wood and waste the sap wood by air drying.

You can get some idea what Walnut is selling for at retail by checking several of our advertisers websites, particularly the Hardwood Store in Gibsonville. Also Jack in Rolesville usually has some Walnut for sale in the raleigh craigslist under materials. His prices would be close to what you could likely get selling it yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS