Rough Cut! Hooray!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

pviser

New User
paul
Tommy Mac and his show, Rough Cut, were back on UNC-TV at 3 PM today. Which one of my NCWW colleagues do I thank for this? Back when UNC stopped airing his shows, my repeated complaining through e-mails and letters was apparently ignored. I gave up my efforts months ago. Anyway, thanks to whomever made this happen. Now, I will return to my shop a happy man.

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
I was surprised to see it on WHRO this morning. I tuned in expecting WoodSmith Shop and got Rough Cuts instead. He did a Greene & Greene mirror drawer chest here...

C.

DWSmith

New User
David
Caught the show this afternoon. If he would open his mouth when speaking maybe the words wouldn't sound so slurred. At least someone taught him to stop using all those words he used constantly.

No, I dislike the show. I don't like his delivery or simplistic approach. To juvenile.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Last week, Scott Phillips did last episode of American Woodworker for the season. This week, first episode of Rough Cut took it's place in the line up. Tommy Mac is better than on first season, IMHO.

pviser

New User
paul
Sure, he does indeed have a rapid-fire delivery and his personality is an adjustment after years of Norm. Even so, I find his enthusiasm infectious and his self-deprecation endearing. Also, he often works in pearls, seemingly afterthoughts, that apply to a broad range of woodworking projects. For example, today, in about 3 seconds, he showed a stack of project parts cut to rough dimension and stickered for the night, with final dimensioning planned for the next day. This is a finer point of woodworking probably not practiced by many folks. Yet, this extra step allows the newly-cut wood to assume its stable shape before final jointing and cutting.

Anyway, it's good to have a couple of choices on Saturday afternoons.

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
I'm glad it is back for those that like the show. I never got into it so I don't watch it any more.

Red

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
I like his show and I'm glad to hear it's back on the air. Lately, I skip American Woodshop and the Woodsmith show and just watch Roy do his thing. Now I have another program to look forward to. I was impressed when I found out that Tommy went to the Bennett Street School. He knows his stuff.

Roy G

Jeremy Scuteri

Jeremy
I was also pleased to find Rough Cut was back on. I love that show. I watched a lot of his videos on his website before seeing the show on the air. I can see how he could be a little annoying to some people, but then again I can also see how the guys on the Woodsmith shop can also be annoying (nothing like completing each others sentences to show just how scripted the show is). I find it is best to just ignore these types of things, otherwise you can miss out on a lot of good content and tips. The more woodworking shows the better!

No, I dislike the show. I don't like his delivery or simplistic approach. To juvenile.

I do not like how Tommy seems to talk down to who ever he is working with in the shop that day

Then again I do not like how Scott Phillips talks to his wife on his show

I do not have problems with the other woodworking shows

but seriously they should still show the New Yankee Workshop it is already made not costing anything play it play it play it save PBS some money .... Bob Ross is dead and they still play that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors