rough cut AMBROSIA MAPLE bowl blanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

taandctran

New User
Thanh Tran
I have alot of ambrosia maple wood that I am going to cut into rough cut bowl blanks. most of these are good size, but I do have some smaller ones. I am going to sell them sealed for around $5 or maybe alittle more for the biggest ones. THESE ARE ROUGH CUT AND GREEN. BUT WILL BE SEALED. I am not looking to make alot of money off of these just alittle money for traveling to get the tree (a hour away) and for my time.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I will take some from you and I am close, I am 4 miles from the Davie, Rowan line coming down 601. I will take five or so of various sizes. PM me and maybe we can get together this weekend.

J

jeff...

I see the new spin maker has got a hold of you good and tight. At least give your wife and kids a goodbye kiss - ok?

taandctran

New User
Thanh Tran
The tree is deep in Randolph county. about 30 minutes from Asheboro and Lexington, and 20 minutes from Randleman.

John Jankowski

John
Corporate Member
Anything in the 24"+ range? I'm also looking for some pieces to make hollow forms (at least 12" diameter and about 18-20 inches deep)

John

J

jeff...

Anything in the 24"+ range? I'm also looking for some pieces to make hollow forms (at least 12" diameter and about 18-20 inches deep)

John

So you looking for about 350 lbs worth? I happen to know where there was a curly hard maple - much larger than 20" diameter that was cut into fire wood sized chunks. I was too late getting there before the tree service sliced the log into fire wood length - it made me very sad when I seen it, I had to turn around and walk away. The poor old lady that hired the tree service paid dearly for a pile of firewood that she'll have to have someone else split for her. When she could have sold the log to recoup some of the cost. By now the chunks are most likely split all up from the heat and besides I really don't want to go back there it makes me right sad...

Thanks

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
I'd be interested in a bunch of of 10- 12" bowl blanks, but I'm fairly sure that they won't be getting to the Raleigh area:embaresse.

Jimmy:mrgreen:

taandctran

New User
Thanh Tran
So you looking for about 350 lbs worth? I happen to know where there was a curly hard maple - much larger than 20" diameter that was cut into fire wood sized chunks. I was too late getting there before the tree service sliced the log into fire wood length - it made me very sad when I seen it, I had to turn around and walk away. The poor old lady that hired the tree service paid dearly for a pile of firewood that she'll have to have someone else split for her. When she could have sold the log to recoup some of the cost. By now the chunks are most likely split all up from the heat and besides I really don't want to go back there it makes me right sad...

Thanks

The straight sections are going to the saw mill. My step dad's cousin owns a small mill. The rest is going to me. All I have to do is cut it up, and seal it.

taandctran

New User
Thanh Tran
I'd be interested in a bunch of of 10- 12" bowl blanks, but I'm fairly sure that they won't be getting to the Raleigh area:embaresse.

Jimmy:mrgreen:

We will see what we can do. just maybe someone will be going from my way to your way. We'll see what we can figure out when the time comes.

taandctran

New User
Thanh Tran
Just wanted to let everyone know I went and got the wood. I am in the process of cutting it up. If anyone else is interested please let me know. I will try to post pictures tomorrow. Almost all of it is beautiful.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
I'd be interested in some.
Not particular as to size so whatever would be fine. Big, little, in between.
Thank you~

Rod

New User
Rod
I am interested in a few blanks. I will take whatever...preferable a few large ones and then a few medium ones. I will wait to hear from you. Thanks!
Rod

I am interested. I am in western Rowan County, near West Rowan High. I too would like 10. Minimum 8/4 but prefer thicker. Up to 10" thick and up to 16" square. Can get up with you next week. PM me please.

DavidF

New User
David
I would certainly be interested in some of the smaller -medium blanks. I want to get into green wood turning, but everything I find has been cut for too long a time or is too big for me to handle on the HF lathe. If any of it makes it to this area, please could somebody let me know?

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
I would love to have 4-6 small to medium size ones, I need to make a set of salad bowls for someone so let me know where and when.

Rob

New User
Rob
I would certainly be interested in some of the smaller -medium blanks. I want to get into green wood turning, but everything I find has been cut for too long a time or is too big for me to handle on the HF lathe. If any of it makes it to this area, please could somebody let me know?
Ditto, for me also, if it makes it to this area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS