Roubo Workbench 2016 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
In 2009 I took on my first workbench build with a Roubo/21st Century design (thread found here http://www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/showthread.php?t=21677). Well, I'm back at it again ... this time another Roubo using the Benchcrafted hardware this go-around for a tail and leg vise. As of today I'm about 80% through the build, with all the heavy lifting done. Figured I'd share some of the pictures with my fellow NC friends of the progress.

This bench is made of euro beech and cherry with some mahogany accents.

roubo_workbench_A.jpg

roubo_workbench_B.jpg

roubo_workbench_C.jpg

roubo_workbench_E.jpg

roubo_workbench_D.jpg

roubo_workbench_G.jpg

roubo_workbench_F.jpg

roubo_workbench_H.jpg

roubo_workbench_I.jpg

roubo_workbench_K.jpg

roubo_workbench_L.jpg

roubo_workbench_J.jpg

roubo_workbench_O.jpg

roubo_workbench_Q.jpg

roubo_workbench_P.jpg

roubo_workbench_N.jpg

roubo_workbench_M.jpg

roubo_workbench_R.jpg

roubo_workbench_U.jpg

roubo_workbench_S.jpg

roubo_workbench_T.jpg

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
Jeremy, that looks like it is going to be a monster. What final dimensions are you aiming for?

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
I keep seeing all these awesome benches and I keep getting more ticked off my wood guy hasnt delivered the promised wood. I cant wait to star my Roubo bench.. Hopefully it will look as nice as what you have done. Great job.

ste6168

New User
Mike
That looks like it is going to be an awesome bench. Nice pics.

Very nice. Look forward to the finished product. I want to build a proper bench, but I am waiting until I am in a different house (or shop). Don't want to have to move it! I really like the multi-species top on this one!

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
I really like the multi-species top on this one!

Funny thing is that this happened just because it was what I had. I pained me to use the cherry in many ways, but I have a ton of 8/4 cherry and didn't really want to come out of pocket any more than I already had. Same with the mahogany ... I have these beautiful 50+ year old slabs, and I had to take some from them for the end cap, chop, and deadman.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
A little update ... we're almost there! The sliding deadman is made and installed (along with the triangle track piece). Also have the leg vise installed, the middle strip created, and the leather faces on the vise and dogs. Next up is the bottom shelf, flattening, then finish.

roubo_workbench_W.jpg

roubo_workbench_X.jpg

roubo_workbench_Y.jpg

roubo_workbench_Z.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors