Roofer recommendation

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Anyone have recommendations for roofer in RTP area, please PM.
My home is around 2000 sq ft with low pitch, simple roof. May need to replace some fascia boards and reflash chimney.

Thanks in advance,
Roger

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Roger,

Sorry to say, I can't recommend a roofer... at least not the one we used last time.

Make suer you sign a contract with a payment schedule that includes a hold-back. Unless you're holding some of their money, it's really difficult to get them to finish the details. Maybe it's a bit of cleanup, or replacing a shrub or two they killed, but all of the contracted work should be completed and in a timely manner. In the cleanup part, I'd recommend you ask that all nails be picked up (from the lawn, natural areas, flower beds). A big magnet at the end of a stick does the trick.

I'd also suggest a detailed work description that includes such things as putting roofing felt under the shingles.

I'm not suggesting roofers are bad guys. It's just that they get paid by the job and so the faster they go, the more money they earn.

Ray

sapwood

New User
Roger
Ray,
Thanks for the suggestions. That's solid advice.

Wanna PM the name of the roofer "not to get" :rolleyes:

Fellow NCWWers,
Thanks for the PM received.
I would appreciate more :gar-Bi

Roger

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Hey Roger, I need one also. I have a tiny leak.. must've been a meteorite or something :eusa_doh:. Lemme know what you hear...

Thanks!

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
Wow, this is very timely. I too am looking to have our roof replaced and would certainly appreciate any recommendations from the group. Roger, can you share? :mrgreen:

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
you could do like i did a few years ago and DIY BUT....... it wont happen again!:gar-La; I hurt for a week and a half!

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
you could do like i did a few years ago and DIY BUT....... it wont happen again!:gar-La; I hurt for a week and a half!

I gotta agree with you Fred, I did a garage roof (36x18) and I won't do another. Man , that is a killer job.:BangHead:

Jimmy:mrgreen:

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
Had a new roof put on this 18year old house last fall and am very happy with the results and price - Scros roofing 461-0937.
Your welcome to come out and take a look - I even have pichers of the job being done.
I have no interest in this company and they are not relatives.
PM me if your interested in talking about it.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I recommend Consolidated Building Systems. I have worked with them for years. They do quality work, clean up afterwards, and depend upon referals for most of their work. I also do repairs for some of their customers, things that aren't roofing related. It is a two way street.

R

rickc

We used Baker Bros. They did a good job, but were a little pricey. Had a little trouble around a skylight, but they responded quickly and took care of the leaks. They assured the crew chief would speak English as well. Did a very good job of cleanup. We found a few roofing nails, but nothing obvious - like in the driveway! More like in the yard. They took ours down to the plywood and replaced some as well.

On a lighter note - when my wife described the crew, she mentioned one had only one arm. Wish I had been home to see that one-armed roofer! :eusa_thin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS