Rolling pin repair

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruisincarlo

New User
Andy
I have an older rolling pin that is sentimental to me. It fell off the table one day and one handle broke off and the other isn't in perfect condition. I would like to find somebody that could possibly replace the ends and add new handles so I could use it again.

I live in Virginia, but I'm willing to ship the item.

Thank you for your time

Andy W. Gordon

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
Could you post a picture that shows the damage and elaborate a little on what type repair you invision?

Jerry

cruisincarlo

New User
Andy
I hope these help

IMG_6971.jpgIMG_6972.jpgIMG_6973.jpg

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
That's the easy part.

Do do you have any old photos of the original? There were several different patterns.

or I can use an old one I have for a pattern.

cruisincarlo

New User
Andy
Unfortunately, I don't have them. This happened a good while back and I just inherited this item. I was really surprised it was still in the house. I do remember they were a light red from memory, but I'm not picky. That being said, I'm 6 foot 5 with large hands so could you possibly post a few handle examples.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I'm 6 foot 5 with large hands so could you possibly post a few handle examples.

LOL... People joke about my bear paws all the time.

Lets take this to e-mail.

Before you guys rush away take this "anthropometry" info with you. Check out the "grip diameter" and "handle length" suggestions for tool handles. Maybe Andy can take a few of his hand measurements at home for Mike to make custom rolling pin handles. :icon_scra

http://www.ergonomics4schools.com/lzone/tools.htm

A 1" diameter handle is small for bear paws whereas a 2" diameter is probably better. Who'd have thought about ergonomics for a rolling pin and comfort/ease of use? :rolleyes:

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
The recommended diameter for a power grip is 40-45mm.

The recommended diameter for a precision grip is 8-16mm.

Certain tools require the use of both grips. The screwdriver usually requires a precision grip as a loose screw is tightened, then a power grip to drive it in.

In this case the ideal handle diameter is a compromise between 25 and 40mm.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
If the rolling pin handle is too large then the knuckles scrape the tabletop as you roll, in which case the rolling pin should be a larger diameter. Since this is a sentimental piece no adjustment of either size is warrented. Will make as close to original as possible.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
If the rolling pin handle is too large then the knuckles scrape the tabletop as you roll, in which case the rolling pin should be a larger diameter. Since this is a sentimental piece no adjustment of either size is warrented. Will make as close to original as possible.

Ok, just thought that I'd pose the idea. You guys have a good "handle" on it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS