Rockwell / Delta 12/14 table saw

mva

New User
mike
I need a miter gauge for this saw. The miter slot in the saw table is a T slot, 1 inch wide at the top and 1.375 at the bottom. The T slot is .445" Deep.................. What size blade should I try? I think a 10" or a 12" would be best for most work. For general work how many teeth would be best. Would a Combination blade be best? The saw does not any blades now..........thank mva

Roy G

Roy
Senior User
The 12" would be more available and would need a hole large enough for a 1" arbor. You may have trouble finding a 10" blade with a 1" arbor hole-most arbor holes for that size blade are 5/8".

Roy G

mva

New User
mike
I had not thought about 10" blade bore. That in mind I will start with one 12" and one 14", now I have to choose the number of teeth and style of blade. I would appreciate some suggestions from a knowledgable person on number of teeth and style of first 2 blades.......mva

Jim Roche

New User
jim
Hi There,
I have that saw and really love it. I pretty much use a 12" blade all the time. If you use a 14" blade, you won't be able to lower it all the way down into the table but a 12" will.
As far as the miter gage goes, they're pretty hard to find and pricey when you do. Ebay is a place to watch for them and you could also put a WTB ad on OWWM.NET to see if someone has one squirreled away.

Jim

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Not to be too obvious, Why not use a piece of Mag Aluminum or a piece of Katalox, Ebony, or equal to make it.. You can cut those on the table saw. Make sure ou use an 80 tooth for the metal. You got to keep it cool when cutting.

You can adapt almost any existing miter for most saws.

Or ..... just get one with the 1/2 depth and have a machine shop just surface it down. 5-thousandths is easy. Probably 2-3 passes........... that would be cheap. Then just hone it in nicely just like surfacing the back of a chisel.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Griz used to make a semi-copy of that 34-350. I think the miter gauges were interchangeable. That's a big, heavy miter gauge with a wide cast iron head. The bar is t-slotted the entire length.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS