RIP ROS

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
3 years old, Ridgid ROS decided to die on me this morning. Back to hand-sanding until I can get a new sander...It is registered with the Lifetime Service Agreement, now just to jump thru the hoops.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
3 years old, Ridgid ROS decided to die on me this morning. Back to hand-sanding until I can get a new sander...It is registered with the Lifetime Service Agreement, now just to jump thru the hoops.

I have had two claims, one for a hand drill, and one for vacuum, and both had zero hoops, was amazingly simple. Vacuum they has me send pics of the unit. For drill took to authorized repair center in Raleigh, the looked it over it, said was bad motor, and fixed it.

gesiak

John
Corporate Member
Neal, since working for HomeDepot the last 5 years, all the customers who bought Ridgid and registered within 90 days of purchase report 0 hoops to jump thru. Those who didn't register in that time had little good things to say.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
I have a cheap Ryobi ROS that is about 20 years old. It's OK, but the dust collection stinks and it has a cord. I put an 18v Ryobi ROS on my Christmas wish list among other things. If I don't get it I'll just get one myself.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
I for one love Ridgid's LSA. One drill (2006) is on it's second set of free batteries. Two batteries cost more than I paid for drill, charger, and two batteries.

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
So I called Ridgid to locate the closest facility, they directed me to local HD and to go to the Pro Desk. Upon going there, I was directed to the Customer Service desk. When I explained the issue and showed them the LSA registration. The guy looked it up, called an associate to bring one off the shelf and did a on the spot replacement. I had a pdf of the receipt on my phone, he used it to do the warranty swap, nothing left for me to do except start making sawdust!

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
So I called Ridgid to locate the closest facility, they directed me to local HD and to go to the Pro Desk. Upon going there, I was directed to the Customer Service desk. When I explained the issue and showed them the LSA registration. The guy looked it up, called an associate to bring one off the shelf and did a on the spot replacement. I had a pdf of the receipt on my phone, he used it to do the warranty swap, nothing left for me to do except start making sawdust!

That is a good outcome for you. Which HD did you go to?

I had a problem(s) with my Ridgid ros a while back and was told to bring it in to HD. Went to the one in Fuquay-Varina. I was told to go to the rental desk. After they figured out what to do and filled out all the paperwork, I was required to pay a refundable deposit, I think it was $20 or $25 dollars. They then sent my sander to the repair facility in Raleigh saying that it would be 6-8 weeks to get it back. It was almost 8 weeks when I did get it back. It was working fine for a while, but now the same symptoms have returned. I will have to deal with it again after the holidays.

Luckily, I do have another sander to use while this one is in the shop.

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
@MarkE,
I took it to the HD in North Winston. When I looked at the sites online for Ridgid repair facilities, the closest was 45-50 miles away. I also saw one in Raleigh within 2-3 miles of a site I travel to almost weekly. Before I called, I had resigned myself to drop it off at that facility and wait it out. I was also looking to purchase a second sander to have while it was being evaluated/repaired/etc.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member

Be sure to register the new unit in case it dies down the line too. I'm interested in how that process goes, did you get a new receipt with the exchange since it asks for info from receipt when you register them.

bowman

Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
I did not receive a new receipt as that was one of my concerns. I asked for a new receipt, and they said the original receipt covers all downline replacements. I will make sure the new SN of the replacement is registered, but without a receipt, I hope it is as they said at the Service Desk.

From the Ridgid site:
"Any time a serialized piece of equipment is replaced, the new product will have a new serial code and will need to be re-registered in order to carry over the LSA coverage. Simply contact us via chat or give us a call at 1‒866‒539‒1710 to re-register your new product and maintain LSA status. Re-registration must occur within 90 days of replacement. Proof of replacement may be required."

There is the option to register a replacement device under "My Tools" section, but then prompts you to call the toll-free number to complete the registration.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Wow Daniel thanks for the advice....took mine to a repair shop and they fixed it free but took 5 wks

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS