RINGS

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Has anyone made any rings using the Woodcraft rings?
WoodRiver - Comfort Ring Core - 64AL-4V Titanium - 6mm, Size 11
How about this type of tool for use on the drill press?

They also have the cutters for bangles or bracelets.
I have so many cutoff pieces, and I sure hate to burn the exotic stuff. Thank you for any input.

Last edited:

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
I've made a few rings but not with that setup. For an alternative, checkout CraftSupplisesUSA

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Thanks Gene! The rest of the day is shot--all the great videos on their website need to bee watched now! The alternatives offered here are definitely m ore affordable, and I have the materials to give it a go.

Dee2

Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
I've got one of the Craft Supplies ring arbors. It is not perfectly straight; annoying but still useable. Have't tried the titanium cores; too pricey for me.
One thing I've learned is that CA glue is not durable for everyday ring wear.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Bruce, I made rings in the past not with this, but it is not real hard. The main issue with working with any small piece of wood is how to hold it. I made an over size hole to be able to hold it with downward pressure. But, back then I was primitive in my methods. Today I would think double face tape would work.

Dee2

Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Steve, Probably several coats-haven't made any in several months. Made wenge rings for family members. Daughter was wearing hers everyday and the CA glue just wore away. Same thing on my first ring as a daily user (forgot the wood type).

FWIW, I use several layers of CA, sand smooth to 24000, apply automotive swirl remover, then automotive carnauba wax. Use the same process for pens.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
How about this type of tool for use on the drill press?

I've been eying that but off Amazon, but they all seemed to have bad reviews. cheap enough to order and try it out.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors