Rikon 70-100?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlayell

New User
Jerry
Recieved a little money for Christmas, have beel looking at the Rikon 70-100 lathe. Woodcraft has it on sale Saturday, January 8th. I have absoulty no expierence turning but wish to try:help:. Will this be a good starter?

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
IMO it's a good starter lathe BUT [always a but aint there] the lathe is just the beginning of the slippery slope.:gar-Bi You will need some accessories to get you started and they can add up fast. Depending on what you want to do with it you may need a few accessories or a lot of them. :swoon: You may want some instruction too. That can be found right on this site and prolly will be the cheapest part of the journey.:rotflm: think free or real close to free.:icon_thum

jlayell

New User
Jerry
Thanks Fred, yes the accessories aren't cheap:confused_. To begin I need spindles, later on maybe a bowl:eusa_thin????

Bryan S

Bryan
There are quit a few here that cut their turning teeth on that very model lathe. That is the same model as The Goodwill Lathe that has been past around to many here. It is a good lathe and you should be happy with it.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
  1. Yes, it is a nice Mini Lathe. But as others have said the lathe is just the beginning of the slippery slope. I was the second person to use the Goodwill Lathe - fastforward 3 years and now I have 2 lathes, several lathe tools, etc. but having a ball with them. Have even made a few $$ with lathe produced products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS