Rikon 10-320 Bandsaw - good, bad, ugly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjohnson925

New User
William
Does anyone have experience with a Rikon 10-320 Bandsaw? This would be my first bandsaw. It's entry level, 1 hp, 14 inch with 6 inch resaw. There is one used locally at $365.

Is this a good bandsaw for someone starting out with the tool? I have a highend table saw (SawStop), which was a great idea, a more entry level planer (Dewalt) and jointer (Grizzley), which has turned out fine. I'm a hobbyist, and not a wealthy person, but I don't want to buy a tool that will be a hassle, or not work well.

Thanks

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I have the 325 which I think is the same machine only a larger depth of cut via the extended frame.

some people complain about the blade guides being a little difficult to adjust but I don’t have any problem with it.

Also mine is 1.5hp but since this is only 6 inch thickness the hp should not be an issue.

At that price I would snap it up.

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
William, I think this is the same model that I have. I'm in Chapel Hill also. You're welcome to come test mine out if you'd like. I think that price is a pretty good deal! But I'd still try to talk them down a bit.

old-delta

Wes
Senior User
William I have had this saw and the 18". It's a good built saw. That is a pretty good price but I too would make lower offer. Some don't like the blade guide adjustments but like any bandsaw it's all in what you get use to. I'd likely snatch it up. Won't be hard to resell if you upgrade to larger later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS