Rigid oscillating sander belts for the surface sander

danmart77

Dan
Corporate Member
Hey folks
I just bought an oscillating sander made by Rigid. I get it home and guess what? Only one belt for the surface sander. I am building a boat and I need to have several different grades of belts to fit the surface sander not the cylinders. Well I go back to the store here in Durham and the Customer Service person says that I have to call Rigid. What?

Help Needed
I would like to find belts for this tool. The catch is the belts are 4" wide. Any direction or suggestions are welcome

ridgid-14663-oscillating-edge-aelt-spindle-sander.jpg

RickR

Rick
Senior User
Ditto re Klingspor. They offer ‘combo packages’ that are very favorably priced. Might as well get an assortment of sleeves at the same time.

Brian Patterson

New User
Bstrom
Compare what everyone sells - no need to overpay for similar items unless you’re loaded. My use is light enough not to require top o’ the line...

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
Question for all NCWW users.

Why purchase sandpaper anywhere besides Klingspor?

They have awesome products, better prices than anyone else,any design and style you will ever need, they provide a NCWW discount and the staff at the store are awesome.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member

Berta

Berta
Corporate Member
For those that are not in close proximity to Klingspors, the discount applies to members that have opted-in in your preferences. Create a user account on their website (Klingspor's Woodworking Shop | Quality Tools and Supplies for the Woodworker.) that is the same as your NCWW email address, and you can get the same discount as you can in-store.
They do mail order AND curbside pickup. Website for mail order a phone call to your store of choice for curbside. I’ve done both.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Klingspors is THE major supplier of abrasives across the U.S. I have seen their local delivery trucks in many different cities as they supply business and industry. They are number 1 because they sell quality, reliable products. Whether picking items up at the store, or mail order, customer service is the very best anywhere! AND THEY ARE A MAJOR SUPPORTER OF NCWW AND OTHER WOODWORKING CLUBS ACROSS THE OLD NORTH STATE!

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Klingspor is now located in Cary and they have a large selection of 4" x 24" belts for your sander. Call or email them.

walnutjerry

Jerry
Senior User
A word of caution-----------do not overorder from Klingspor. They do have quality sandpaper products but there is a shelf life on the glue they use for the splice. It will give way after a specified period of time. I do not remember what length of time that is but a rep or store manager for Klingspor should be able to tell you. Guess how I know this!! Klingspor will not try to reglue them either. I confess, I ordered in quantity to get the better price and lost the use of 50% or more of the belts as belts. Ended up to be no bargain for me.

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
A word of caution-----------do not overorder from Klingspor. They do have quality sandpaper products but there is a shelf life on the glue they use for the splice. It will give way after a specified period of time. I do not remember what length of time that is but a rep or store manager for Klingspor should be able to tell you. Guess how I know this!! Klingspor will not try to reglue them either. I confess, I ordered in quantity to get the better price and lost the use of 50% or more of the belts as belts. Ended up to be no bargain for me.

I had the exact same experience. I ended up cutting it all up for regular sandpaper.

The same is true of the Work Sharp sandpaper discs, especially the slotted ones.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member

I have written on this subject before.
My theory - based entirely on my LIMITED experience - is that storage conditions make a HUGE and SIGNIFICANT difference in storage/shelf life of a glued belt. I have had the same experience with sanding belts breaking at the joints. These belts had been stored in the uncontrolled environment of my shop. Later I bought multiple belts in quantity from a different supplier, but stored these in the naturally cool basement - that is also HVAC'd and therefore lower than normal NC himidity. These belts can be installed today after 10+ years of storage without any breakage.

So consider storing belts in cool and dry conditions -

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS