Rigid 6” jointer parts JP06000

Robster68

New User
Gnome
I broke the bed on my rigid 6” jointer by knocking it over after not keeping my shop orderly. :-(. The fence, motor, stand, etc is still in working condition. Make me an offer.
3099273F-8CA2-49FC-9F20-E002B8A82AEE.jpeg

Last edited:

spartyon8

Peter
User
Are you willing to part it out? What would you want for the two pieces I am pointing to? When I bought mine the “captive nut?” was cracked. I thought it was steel and went to weld it back up, it was cast iron. I had to do some grinding and stuff and it still isn’t perfect.

Attachments

• F026D624-4D80-429A-A067-20D87B66CC86.jpeg
    F026D624-4D80-429A-A067-20D87B66CC86.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 193

Robster68

New User
Gnome
Please make me an offer. I’d prefer just to sell the whole thing. I’m sure other folks need parts too. This is a very popular model.

Robster68

New User
Gnome
Are you willing to part it out? What would you want for the two pieces I am pointing to? When I bought mine the “captive nut?” was cracked. I thought it was steel and went to weld it back up, it was cast iron. I had to do some grinding and stuff and it still isn’t perfect.
I don’t think that part is on mine. It’s a JP06000

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Cast iron is best brazed. Welding is both tricky and likely to warp. I might have tried JB-Weld.
But as a new one is only about $600 and they are out there used, unless you are a torch master yourself, not an easy job.

I put casters on mine, but they stick out and make it more stable.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Could just use a flux coated bronze brazing rod. You would also need a fire blanket to slow the cooling process to prevent warping. Also, preheat slowly. If a couple of chips are missing, just fill it with the rod and file to the plane surface you need. ........ Unless, you really just want a new joiner and this is the perfect opportunity to use for justifying a new purchase ... ;) :D

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS