Ridgid WD1245 Vac

kserdar

Ken
Senior User
This vac has been a workhorse for me for many years. But, right before Christmas it started smoking a little and wouldn't run for more then 10 seconds.

15 minutes of tear down and cleaning. The answer was obvious.

I needed new motor brushes:

>Hello Ken,
>
>Thank you for contacting RIDGID® Customer Support.
>
>We are sorry to know that you have issues with the vacuum.
>
>Please note that we don’t have motor brushes for WD1245, And we do not encourage our customer to do un authorized repair for safety reasons.
>
>Please let us inform you that the lifetime warranty on RIDGID® Wet / Dry vacuums is only against manufacturing and material defects on the machine/motor itself. Any failures due to misuse, abuse or normal wear and >tear are not covered by the warranty. Likewise, vacuum parts such as the hose, accessories/nozzles, wheels, drum and even the filter do not carry lifetime warranty as they are considered wear out items.
>
>RIDGID® Customer Support

If Ridgid lifetime warranty doesn't cover it. Why isn't it a part they offer for sale?

Am I wrong here - Brushes are a very simple fix and very easy to replace.

Either way Amazon to the rescue. - New Japanese Carbon Brushes For Makita CB171 CB175 HM1111C HR4510C HM1317CB 13.5X6.5X26mm

I know it states Makita, but it was the size and connector that looked to be correct.

Sure enough, back to working with a $10 part. Probably could have gotten it cheaper somewhere else, but there are too many rabbit holes with searching the internet.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Good going. That's encouraging news we all need to hear.
These days more and more people will discard and replace an appliance rather than attempt to repair it. True, a repair attempt doesn't always end well, but many times it will.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS