Ridgid Spindle Sander EB4424

Status
Not open for further replies.

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
I’ve searched the reviews online and post on this site about the Ridgid spindle sander and decided it is time to get one. I’m hoping to get a 10% off coupon in the mail within the next couple of weeks just to help out. If not, no big deal. I’ll get it anyway. I’ve been messing around with some bandsaw boxes and this will definitely help out.

Any other thoughts on this sander good or bad? Thanks.

Red

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
In a recent post someone said they were able to use a Harbor Freight coupon at HD to purchase this same sander. There was even a web site posted to get the HF coupon. Might save you a couple more dollars. Apparently HD honors all competitors coupons. :icon_thum

Bill

sssfox

New User
Steve
Home Depot takes other store's coupons.
I just yesterday used a Harbor Freight coupon for 20% off one Item to buy a Ridgid pin nailer.

sssfox

New User
Steve
I have two of them, one in Florida and one in North Carolina. I use them mostly with the belt attachment. I haven't seen any other sander in this price range that does what this sander will do.

Dust collection is reasonably good for a belt sander.

I have two minor issues with it. It requires tracking adjustments quite often and the tilting table doesn't exactly line up with the fixed portion of the table.

When I got the first one, the rubber feet kept falling out, but a dab of Super Glue fixed that.
If you don't move it around, it's not an issue.

In spite of these shortcomings, I use it all the time.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
I have one and love it. I use it most as an edge sander but the drums are easily changed and allow multiple sizes for curve sanding as well.

You can't go wrong with the Rigid.

Steve- your table can be adjusted to properly align it. If you read Tom's excellent review, he talks about adjusting his...

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
I have the Ridgid oscillating spindle/belt sander as well. Been very happy with it (mine also has a tilting table that doesn't line up perfectly, but it's usually a non-issue -- the perfectionist in me wishes they provided an adjustment nonetheless).

I use both the belt and spindle attachment. The spindles are wonderful for smoothing curved cuts on the bandsaw, jigsaw, and occassionaly the scroll saw (smallest spindle is 1/2"). The belt attachment is great for cleaning up edges and making minute adustments when a board (pipe, tube, etc.) is just a fraction too long.

My only complaint is that Ridgid/HD only sell two grits (80 and 150 as I recall) for the spindles. I would prefer to see that expanded a bit. The belt sander is a 4"x24" belt, so that is a standard item and is available in a wide range of grits (I have 36-240, but I believe there is a 320 out there if you look hard enough).

Don't forget to send in the product registration promptly (follow alll instructions) to activite your lifetime warranty -- otherwise you only get the (i believe) 3-year standard warranty!

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Red,
Check the Tools Direct store at Concord Mills mall. They have those sanders from time to time at ~$90 for a factory refurb.

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
My only complaint is that Ridgid/HD only sell two grits (80 and 150 as I recall) for the spindles. I would prefer to see that expanded a bit. The belt sander is a 4"x24" belt, so that is a standard item and is available in a wide range of grits (I have 36-240, but I believe there is a 320 out there if you look hard enough).
Click on the Klingspor ad to the right side of the page. Pretty sure they have the spindle sleeves in various grits.

bwat

New User
Bill
The Direct Tools store in the Concord Mills Mall says they seldom if ever gets these and supposedly have a waiting list that I've been on for some time. Did see one on Charlotte CL for sale in Concord for $200 recently but they do not often hit the resale market. That is a good sign.

If you find a local HD that honors the HF coupon, please let me know. Good luck!:icon_thum

Bill

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
I don't understand why the Commerce, GA store seems to have them most of the time and the Concord store store can't get them. The few times I've been into the Concord store they haven't impressed me with their enthusiasim. Maybe I've just caught the Concord store at a bad moment but the Commerce store (especially the manager) was interested in trying to help me.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
Red,
Check the Tools Direct store at Concord Mills mall. They have those sanders from time to time at ~$90 for a factory refurb.

You have a TOOL store...in a MALL? Awesome!!!

:eusa_danc

And they say our culture is regressing...

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
I got one for Christmas last year and I love it. I've had 4x6 and 6x10 belt/disk sanders in the past, both of which I sold. As I expected, I've mostly used the belt sander and I really like it. But just this evening I was using the spindle for some interior curves...loved it! It seems to be pretty well built. A good deal even at list price, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS