RIDGID Band saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

gator8686

New User
Bruce
At the Home Depot in Apex they have one 14" Ridgid band saw (floor model) left.
The price is $220 and if you ask for the manager you might be able to get more off.
Need a truck to take it home since it is put together. It is located at the lumber door
not in the tool department currently. Good luck.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I bought one at the Fuquay-Varina for $202.00 last week. That price should be honored at any HD in this region according to the hardware dept manager there.

manfre

New User
Manfre
$220 was the price i paid for new in the box a few weeks ago. They'll honor floor model prices between stores, but not match a boxed price against a floor model.

Northerner26

New User
Kevin
i had a Ridgid band saw and it was nice and i wanted to make some improvements to it such as new
tires, carter tensioner, etc.. i already had a kreg fence for it.

i thought i needed to upgrade to a better saw so i bought a Grizzly G0555 but i wish i would never
have bought it cause im very disappointed! only thing better on it was its new, has a tensioner, and
roller bearings.

but the main thing i overlooked when buying was the dust port under the table, the Grizzly doesnt
have one! and you would be surprised how BIG of a mess my saw makes since it doesnt have that
little piece of plastic on it. i have dust EVERYWHERE!!! lower wheel gets packed, the stand is covered and its just a big mess.

anyway, i just wish i would have kept my Ridgid and did a few more upgrades to it and i would be a
very happy person. and as for that price, its a great deal, i paid more then that for mine used when
i first bought it.

i should check my local store and see if they have one and then sell my Grizzly.

Northerner26

New User
Kevin
the 4" port is on the side case of bottom wheel. i dont have a big dust collector but it couldnt pull dust from right under the table as the door kind
of seals that area up.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Alas, that is the shortcoming I see with the Delta/Rockwell I just bought and am refurbing. The wheel/blade guards don't fit snugly against the rest of the cover. Cutting a dust port would be foolish without sealing it off in some fashion that would allow easy removal of the guard for blade changing. Perhaps some foam weatherstripping. :widea:
Congrats to all the buyers of the Ridgid closeouts. :icon_thum

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Alas, that is the shortcoming I see with the Delta/Rockwell I just bought and am refurbing. The wheel/blade guards don't fit snugly against the rest of the cover. Cutting a dust port would be foolish without sealing it off in some fashion that would allow easy removal of the guard for blade changing. Perhaps some foam weatherstripping. :widea:
Congrats to all the buyers of the Ridgid closeouts. :icon_thum
Check out my tip in the July 2010 issue of Wood for collecting dust from the 14" band saw. It won top honors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS