Review of the Rockler Small Parts sled

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
After getting a lot of good advise on safely cutting small parts on a TS I elected to get this:

Rockler Table Saw Small Parts Sled | Rockler Woodworking and Hardware

Here is a quick review:
Like many things today the sled was made in China. I really did not expect anything different. The instructs were very good, easy to follow and assembly was quick and easy. I am talking 10 minutes or less. Sure I could have made one from scratch for a lot less but not having all the materials on hand it probably would not have happened anytime soon and I needed this yesterday. I have used it several times since and it works just the way I had hoped and much safer than what I would have done had I not had it. NOTE: this sled will only cut material 3/4" or less.

I do have a few "I wish that they had included.....". Number one is they should have included a hold down clamp with the sled. The sled has the T-track for one but the clamp is some thing you need to buy separately. I had a aluminum one I took off my drill press. They do make both plastic and aluminum hold downs. I will probably order the plastic ones at some point because I use a SawStop and we all know that metal and SawStops do not get along. Number two is I wish they had incorporated some kind of measuring / ruler guide in sled.

In general I give it a B+.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
I, too, purchased this sled and I totally agree with Scott's assessment. I don't need it often, but when needed to cut small parts, it is useful.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS