Retractable Air Hose Reels

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Any suggestions? Brand? Features? I'm trying to declutter and this seems like a good step. I figure 50' should cover all my needs.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

tvrgeek

Scott
Corporate Member
Been using the 25 foot from Horrible Fright for years. Hose is heavy rubber which is fine. As I have re-arranged my shop, I may put in some hard lines and have two. Be sure it is 3/8 or even larger or it will restrict flow to a HVLP gun. I found I needed to change to the larger quick disconnects and quit using the nicer more flexible 1/4 hose close to the gun. I like the spring. No problem with it whipping as I hold on to it. How long depends on your shop. Half the time I am adding another 25 foot to it.

Dee2

Board of Directors, Vice President
Gene
Staff member
Corporate Member
Check the Garage Journal forum. I think the preferred (and pricey) is ReelCraft.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Check the Garage Journal forum. I think the preferred (and pricey) is ReelCraft.
This is the brand I was advised to get about 30 years ago. I have two 50-footers with 3/8 hose. They still work fine today.
If the reel sits in the same place for 30 days or so, it can develop a slight leak in the seal. Frequent use again will take care of this.
I keep mine mounted under the work bench. This seems handy for me.

1     reelcraft.jpg

Martin Roper

Martin
Senior User
Whew! Those Reelcrafts are pricey.

I have battery-powered nailers and I don't use air all that often. The HF or Giraffe models shown above look like they'll do the job.

Thanks all.

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
For my shop processes, I'm the same about rarely using air for an air tool such as a stapler or nailer. I will use the air nozzle several times a day at the bench and the long line is great for going over to a machine and blowing things off or dragging the hose outside to mess with filling tires.
I think that the durability of the seals in the rotating mechanism is one of the factors that make the Reelcraft more expensive.

Pop Golden

New User
Pop
I'm in the process now of installing an air reel & hose. I bought the HF version that Jeremy has. It's well built, the 50 ft. hose is just right for my shop and the price is right.

Pop

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS