Restoring old hand planes

Mrowell1987

New User
Matt
Hello everyone!!

I hope this is the right place for this post.

I have acquired a variety of hand planes from my grandfather and my wife’s grandfather when they passed away. Unfortunately they all need a bunch of work to be restored. I keep saying I’m going to do it but can never find time between work, time with my two girls and other projects I get committed to. I looking for someone in the greensboro area experienced in restoring planes that might be interested in taking a look to see if your interested in restoring them for me? I don’t know what a fair price to pay to have them restored is but I’m happy to pay someone to help me bring their tools back to life. Please let me know if anyone is interested in helping me get this project completed.

matt

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 263

Mrowell1987

New User
Matt
Hey Mike
First, thank you for the reply!

If you can do it that would be great! I’ve been saying I will for several years now so a couple more months won’t hurt.

do you have any idea what you might charge? We can arrange a time for you to see them if you would like or I can send you better pictures.

bbrown

Bill
User
I also could help. I have restored maybe 50 old Stanlys for my traditional classes in Maine. I have access to sources for replacement parts as well. Like Mike, might be a few months before I could get to it. Up in Camden Maine right now working on finishing the shop.

Mrowell1987

New User
Matt
I also could help. I have restored maybe 50 old Stanlys for my traditional classes in Maine. I have access to sources for replacement parts as well. Like Mike, might be a few months before I could get to it. Up in Camden Maine right now working on finishing the shop.

bbrown,

no problem! If it’s easier for you guys I’m happy to split them to lighten the load!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS