Resin Tabletops

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlyingRon

Ron
Sorry about the inadvertent edit (dang EDIT POST button for admins is right next to reply).

Anyhow, my suggestion was to try a local marine store (West Marine or the like). They usually have at least the West stuff and often some of the others.

SteveHall

Steve
Corporate Member
An art store might have it, Michael's lists several types online. Be wary that product quality is probably all over the place and good, clear, durable resin is probably going to cost a lot while cheaper products for embedding keepsakes might turn yellow, crack, or shrink after a year or two.

tri4sale

Daniel
Corporate Member
An art store might have it, Michael's lists several types online. Be wary that product quality is probably all over the place and good, clear, durable resin is probably going to cost a lot while cheaper products for embedding keepsakes might turn yellow, crack, or shrink after a year or two.

thanks, that's what I'm worried about, this is not something you go the cheap route on.

Chilihead

New User
Chilihead
I've been looking into making one of these too. Check out Black Forest Woodworks online. They make a lot of these tables. They post alot of videos on Instagram and Facebook. You can probably find them on YouTube as well.
What I've learned from watching and following the discussion/comment threads is that not only do you want to insure that the epoxy stays clear over time, but most epoxy can only be poured in thin layers at a time. Many cannot cure if they are 1/4 inch or more thick pours and you have to contend with air bubbles too. The folks at Black Forest rave about EcoPoxy https://www.ecopoxy.com/liquid-plastic/ - apparently this stuff can be poured thick all at once with minimal bubbles......its pricey though.
Good luck! I'd be curious how it goes for you

Leviblue

Kevin
Corporate Member
Michael's craft store usually only carries polyester resin. Best bet is to stop by Klingspor for the 2 part system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS