Resanded my workbench- looks better now

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
After some much time and abuse, I decided to cleanup the 'ol workbench. Belt sanded the junk off it, planed flat (er) and then finish sanded and Mineral oil / Beeswax sealed it. Along the way, I realized I really do not use all the dog holes as I used to, so I decided to plug up a bunch of them as well. I also took off the Leg vise as well.

The table was made of cutoffs glued together. It is comprised of 2 types of Mahogany, Santos, Sapele, Red and White Oak, Maple, Afrormosia, Iroko, Koa, Cherry and Birch plugs, a piece of Redheart, the vise handle is Walnut rod with Rosewood ends. Basically, everything I thought was likely to get tossed. See ? even all the junk cutoffs can be useful.

Attachments

• Worktable (1).jpg
    Worktable (1).jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 194
  • Worktable (2).jpg
    Worktable (2).jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 210
  • Worktable (3).jpg
    Worktable (3).jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 200
  • Worktable (4).jpg
    Worktable (4).jpg
    2 MB · Views: 196

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
looks great but the next project you haven't thought of yet will need those plugged up dog holes :D

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Are you referring to the 1/4"stainless steel top on the vise? that was a repair I did on it I was working on some metal and was too lazy to remove the board and fix it with wood. I vised it down way too tight and split the top. Instead, I just chiseled it flat and added the metal to level it out from where the wood splintered.....

I'm curious about the right side end vise. What are the metal bands for?

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
So Casey, what did you do with your leg or face vise?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS