Reported Post by SteveColes

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
SteveColes has reported a post.

Reason:
Nothing really wrong here, just this guy wants to be mad. I guess my initial reply was worded badly. I apologized. I guess, though, I will not respond to the thread anymore, becuase I can't think of anything else I can say to help that he won't get mad at.

Tracy, is there any merit to drastically reducing the number of animated smilies in that box? We've had it that way for at least five years. I think some people would object if we changed it
Forum: Help Desk
Assigned Moderators: N/A

Posted by: Deeptree
Original Content:
I'm not sure if I would call it an issue, just sort of reality. I get the same sort of numbers that you are getting. If I just scroll the smilies off of the screen, the number goes down. While the number is disconcerting, I don't think it really is causing much of a problem. The thread that does this seems to have pretty low priority. Now if you only have one core, then there might be more of an impact.

Can you pinpoint a perfomance issue with the rest of the system when this is happening?

If it is a problem for you or others, not the number, but the performance then we can look at shortening the list ot switching to non-animated smiles.
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.7; rv:8.0.1) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0.1

Well, the issue is, that I have 4 cores (it's a quad-core i7 2.8GHz). In addition, the graphics card that is in this laptop is a workstation type card with 1GB of video RAM...so it is a bit disconcerting. Also the fact that it doesn't happen on Windows based machines. Why it is impacting me, is because the laptop heats up really quick and the fans kick on, killing my battery just for typing text.

My workaround will be to type my text into another program, then just copy/paste into the forum window.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:8.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS