Status
Not open for further replies.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Splint Eastwood has reported a post.

Reason:
This is an online retailer, who recently joined, selling off his inventory
under Found for Sale. (Mis categorized, at best)

Should be a commercial ad, or regular ad.
Forum: Found for Sale/Hot Deals
Assigned Moderators: b4man

Posted by: ultgar
Original Content:
sorry....18 gauge. I also have a pair of lightly used demo models of the 23 gauge pin nailers, P635 and P650L at 20% savings. Also free shipping and a 2500pc sample pack of 23 gauge pins. Steve

b4man

New User
Barbara
Matt,
How do you know he's an online retailer? I tried to find evidence of it but could only find where he is a garage designer.

Unless you have already contacted him I will and suggest he uses the classifieds.

Thanx,

Barbara

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
The thread should be closed and a classified opened. This might just be a case of a misdirected thread or an attempt to work around the system. i think we should watch his activity.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Hey Steve,

The Found For Sale/ Hot Deals Forum is for members that have actually found items for sale in various publications and stores, not for our members to sell their items.

We suggest you take a Classified Ad out to sell your nailers. I am going to need to close your current thread. Please feel free to contact any of the staff if you need assistance or further information.

Thanks for your offering.

Barbara

Hope this is OKay!

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Not much activity to watch. Since 01/09 join date he's had 12 posts & 2 threads. We'll watch his classifieds, though.

b4man

New User
Barbara
Originally Posted by b4man
Hey Steve,

The Found For Sale/ Hot Deals Forum is for members that have actually found items for sale in various publications and stores, not for our members to sell their items.

We suggest you take a Classified Ad out to sell your nailers. I am going to need to close your current thread. Please feel free to contact any of the staff if you need assistance or further information.

Thanks for your offering.

Barbara
A though the classified were for used items....I am not trying to sell anything new here at retail pricing. SD

Help:dontknow:

It's probably just me but I don't think I have the skills to better explain:eek:

Glennbear

Glenn
I do not think there is any thing wrong with your explanation. I think the problem lies with him not grasping the concept that items sold BY HIM are impermissible in the hot deal category. :wsmile:

b4man

New User
Barbara
Classifieds are for members to sell their own items be it used or new. However, if a member is a commercial business they are not allowed to place classified ads. When you have an item such as your nailers and you want to sell them, unless you own and operate a business that sells nailers, you would place a classified ad. Now, if your neighbor or friend has a nailer for sale you would post it in the Found For Sale Forum with his contact info listed.

When a business like The Woodworking Source has tools or lumber to sell they pay for a side bar Ad.

I hope this clears things up a little better.

Thanks for getting back on this.

Barbara

This is about all I can do here, I think:widea:

b4man

New User
Barbara
Nick, thank you very much for pointing that post out to me!

I feel I have gone as far as I can with this user.( Literally and metaphorically) I request someone with more authority to handle it from here.
Matt, I appreciate your catching this.

Barbara

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Sorry I missed this. I' get on it today. If he is a distributor I will require him to remove his ads. Or I'll remove them myself. Got Church for a couple of hours so it may be after that.

TracyP

Tracy
PM Sent:

Steve, Since you are a dealer our posting policies do not allow you to sell your products on our site. They cannot be put in the classified ads either as no commercial sales are allowed. I would like to offer you a sidebar ad. Those ad spaces are for commercial sellers and cost $50.00 per month billable one quarter year at a time. Found for sale/hot deals is for something a member sees for sale at a bargain and alerts the other members of it. Please remove your threads for the sale of your products.
Thank You for understanding.
You may for free list your website in the member websites at the top of the page in the brown navbar.

My bet is that he will not buy an ad:no::no:

Last edited:

TracyP

Tracy
I'll wait until tomorrow for a reply. If I don't get one I will delete his threads. I would just like to give him a chance to do it on his own......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS