Replacing Blade on a B&D 7 1/4" Circular Saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarvinWatkins

New User
Marvin Watkins
My first and only circluar saw is a Black & Decker 7308. I recently bought one of the Freud Diablo blades for it. I have heard a lot of good things about this blade. (If it is anything like my new Freud Thin Kerf Combination (LU) for my table saw, I will be VERY happy.)

I have managed to get the old blade off using a piece of scrape to hold the blade while I loosened the nut. But now, I need to tighten the nut again. On my B&D router there is a simple step to lock the motor for tightening. Is there a similar procedure for circular saws, particlarly B&D's?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

I hope everyone had a great Easter weekend.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Just hold the blade with a pair of gloves and tighten the nut down. Due to the reverse threads on the saw arbor, it will tighten itself as the blade spins, so you don't have to torque it down to hard.
Dave:)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Marvin, not sure about your B&D saw but many circular saws have a button behind the blade that will lock the shaft from turning when it is depressed. I know its a silly question, but does your's have one of those?

D L

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Marvin,

I have old Skil circ saw and I usually don't have a problem just holding the blade by hand (wearing a leather glove!), as DaveO suggested.

By the way, I recently put a Freud Diablo on my saw. Cutting 3/4" plywood and 4/4 oak, I was amazed at how smooth the cut was! Got literally very negligible tearout! I think that you will be very pleased with that blade.

Good luck,

Wayne

DavidF

New User
David
My B&D blades have a 1/4" hole in the blade through which you stick a screw driver or similar and lock it against the frame of the saw.

MarvinWatkins

New User
Marvin Watkins
Thanks guys for your rapid response. I did end up just snugging it up and the saw did the rest. It's a shame that I have had that saw for so long, but never bothered to replace or change the blade.

The Diablo made a world of difference. The saw zipped thorough the pressure treated lumber that I was using. Worked great nibbling away for a half lap on some of the joints. Clean cuts and as Wayne said no tearout. It is very much worth the 16 bucks it cost.

Unfortunately, mother nature didn't let me finish the fencing work. That storm sent me indoors prematurely.

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
that storm that sent you in early from doing your fence, knocked through several large garage doors here in Fayetteville yesterday. One of them was at a discount builders supply type of place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS