remote for dust collector

Status
Not open for further replies.

jhreed

New User
james
I have a 1hp Delta dust collector 10.2 amp. I want a remote. Too old to run to the collector every time to turn it on or off. Fastcap has one that they advertise for shop vacs for $29.00 and it is rated at 10 amp max. Does anyone have one that they would recommend that is of a comparable price but suitable for higher amp rating than the Fastcap?

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
There are many of them available for Dust Collectors specifically. Usually a little more pricey than you mention, but go to your favorite WW shop or smile.Amazon.com and search for Dust Collector Remote.

McRabbet

Rob
Corporate Member
I've used the Carlon HW2190 Heavy Duty Remote Outlet for several years. (They will handle 10 amps.) Also sold under the Lamson and Thomas & Betts names. As suggested, do some Googling to find them, I've paid less than $20 for them in the past and keep a spare just in case.

tarheelz

Dave
Corporate Member
I've used this one on my shop vac dust collector for a while now with good results. Typically you can pick them up from Lowes or Home Depot for about $10 especially around Christmas. They are rated for 13A.
http://www.amazon.com/Utilitech-13-...UTF8&qid=1426597223&sr=1-2&keywords=Utilitech

What NOTW said. I have this one. Going strong now for about a year of on and off on a HF DC.

http://smile.amazon.com/dp/B001Q9E###

Edit: Cannot post a link because the last 3 letters of the URL are F & U & K! LOL

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Gotta love the auto censor. I tried to post SMH on the chat the other day and it wouldn't let me shout - came out Smh. Not as effective. But I digress - again :dontknow:

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
+1 for the Utilitech controler. I have two, one for my dust collector and one for a fan mounded on the wall near the ceiling. Both work great, picked them up at an after Christmas clearance sale at HD. Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS