Remember Alan and Milissa Dewey?

Jeff

New User
Jeff
I remember them from their German christmas ornaments. They were trying to preserve the craft.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
They were regulars at the Klingspors Extravaganza for several years, setting up with the NCWW operation, demonstrating wood turning on the cheap. As I recall, they used Harbor Freight mini lathes and made turning tools from screwdrivers, and other things, rather than lay out a bundle of money for chisels and such. Allen turned chess pieces and his user name here was Chessie. My thinker ain't as strong as it might have been, I can't really recall. Anyhow, I've wondered where they drifted too as I haven't seen them on the forum here for a very long time. Happy to hear they're still at it. Thanks for the link Mike!

Jeff

New User
Jeff
Alan and Melissa have lived in Asheville for years but I haven't seen them on NCWW for years.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I need to correct my post above, I now recall Allen went by the user name Chespie or, which probably derived from his specialty at that time of turning chess pieces, my spelling may not be correct on the user name.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Thanks Mike; I just did a search and discovered he spelled it with 3 S's. I'm glad they are still at it, but I do miss their informative posts. They had a unique style and presentation that opened up the world of woodturning into a very affordable hobby!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS