Reindeer Pattern Used Well!

JGG

New User
John
Some final sanding, shellac, and a bow before delivering to neighbors.

Attachments

• 57D1005D-4C55-45A9-84B4-63EE54998332.jpeg
    57D1005D-4C55-45A9-84B4-63EE54998332.jpeg
    858.4 KB · Views: 233

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Yes they are fun to make. Glad to see another scroller on the site.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Looks like 12 "Left looking" Reindeer and 12 "Right-looking" Reindeer? (that is a LOT of deer!)

I am not even sure if I stretch it, that I could find 12 people, I would spend the time to do that for, let alone 24! So good for you that you have that many people that are important to you!

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Impressive.
I did 18 about three years ago. That was a lot of tedious work. The pattern I used had a little tail sticking up that making sanding the back impractical. I like your pattern better.

NOTW

Notw
Senior User
Interesting, i got into making bandsaw reindeer several years ago but the pattern was different. Very nicely done I'm sure they will be well received

JGG

New User
John
Very nice, we’re they made with a band saw or scroll saw, thx RJ
Made with a bandsaw from an 8” piece of 2x4 pine; two 2x4=24 reindeer. Pattern attached (from WWGOA) prints full size on standard paper.

Attachments

• WWGOA-Reindeer-project.pdf
    212.2 KB · Views: 288

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
Be careful. Reindeer making can become very addictive. I've been making them every year for the past 17 years. I made all of them on my scroll saws in 4 sizes. The smallest that I make is about 1" tall. They make nice ear rings. About 90 pair of ear rings have been made and almost 7,000 total reindeer since this addiction started.

Charley

DSCF0506.JPG
DSCF0510.JPG

llucas

luke
Senior User
John
Very nice, great idea. Thanks for attaching the pattern....I'm taking it to the shop tomorrow...that will fill up some Covid dodging time.

Charles Lent

Charley
Corporate Member
If you decide to make the style in my photos, the pattern for it is on www.woodgears.ca . I adjusted the size of it to make the 4 sizes that I make on my scroll saws and used Photoshop to place as many copies of each size on an 8 1/2 X 11 sheet of paper as possible.

Charley

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS