Red Flyer Wagon Plans???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Hello NCWW's,

It's been a while, sorry. I am planning on building my son a Wooden Wagon with off road wheels (from Harbor Freight). Anyone build one before or have any plans for this?

I want it to look something like this, just not a metal wagon. I want it to be a wooden wagon, wooden handle, etc. I have the same style tires and a 5/8" thick cold rolled steel for the axle, I want it to be wooded that connects to the axle and able to turn somehow???
41JCKAP88FL.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated~!:icon_thum

Thanks,

Matthew

Skymaster

New User
Jack
IF you have the machinery; drill thru axle use either roll pin or cotter pin thru, big flat fender washer up against each side of tire. 2 holes per tire rq'd. real ez to remove if needed:gar-Bi

striker

New User
Stephen
Check out new yankee workshop. Norm built pretty much what your talking about. Plans can be purchased.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
white oak dats da ting, notta da red gotz ta b white

I just have a small drill press and metal bits, or a hand drill which I probably won't use. And I was thinking of that cotter pin method with the washer both sides.

I have a bit of Hickory....How would that hold up? I have hardly any Oak....And quite a bit of Hard Maple. I do want to use what I have....I also have Alder, but that stuff is so weak and dents very easily.

It will probably get used mostly out doors, by my almost 3 year old son (Who jumps off trampolines, the 4th stair in our home, gets cut and doesn't cry, and is just plain old wild) It may also get used by us for the garden and what not. If that helps anyone determine the wood I should use.

Thanks~!:icon_thum

Last edited:

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Matt - the hickory and maple should work just fine. If it was me (and it might be someday:gar-Bi) I would use the hard maple for the wheel/axle assemblies and steering assembly, and use the hickory to make the base and stake-sides.

Good luck and keep us posted on the progress!
C.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS