Red Cedar

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I am looking to make some more of the angels for the NCWW Thank You project. I want to make these out of red cedar. Anyone know where I can get about 10' linear feet of 1 1/2" thick cedar? I live on the NC/VA border so location is important too.

Sourwould

New User
Taylor
I'm not sure if it's worth the drive, but I have some off cuts of wester red and redwood you can have. They rough sawn 2x6 (1-3/4 x 5-3/4), a few pieces around 20" and a 4 or 5 ft chunk. They're old growth, so I've been hanging onto them forever, but I'm trying to clean up/cull stuff. I might have more, I have to look. I did have a bunch of 2x2" sticks around 8 ft long.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm not sure if it's worth the drive, but I have some off cuts of wester red and redwood you can have. They rough sawn 2x6 (1-3/4 x 5-3/4), a few pieces around 20" and a 4 or 5 ft chunk. They're old growth, so I've been hanging onto them forever, but I'm trying to clean up/cull stuff. I might have more, I have to look. I did have a bunch of 2x2" sticks around 8 ft long.
Hang on to them for me. We get down to Durham periodically for appointments and shopping. Let me know if you find those 2x2's.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
I have maybe 200b' of 4/4, but a good friend wanted some RC 8/4 for a project and cleaned it out. Some of my Angels are mahogany which will look nice with poplar wings and some from soft maple with SF or poplar wings. Hope the gross of FD Polar scroll blades come in today; bit slow getting any compound cutting done with out them. Scroll on Scott!

Grimmy2016

Administrator
Scott
I havent measured it, but this is my stack of cedar. The pile on the floor to be exact. If you need some let me know.

Attachments

• 20200515_151725.jpg
    20200515_151725.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 126

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS