Recommendations for Desk Plans?

beloitdavisja

James
Corporate Member
My next big project is going to be making a desk for myself. My current desk I'll be handing down to my son now that he needs one. I've had it since I was a kid - my dad and I got it out of an abandoned mill in Davidson that we were volunteering to do something in, and it was just going to be thrown away. Solid wood, probably made in the 40's or 50's. Great desk, but it's small for my needs - I need a little larger table top space, and it's just a couple inches too short.

I'm looking for recommendations for plans. Executive style. Don't mind if the plans aren't free.

I have two options I'm considering right now:
  • The Wood Whisperer's Executive Desk. This has lots of neat bells & whistles (hidden storage, integrated power). It is a bit on the larger side, but I could probably adjust from the plans. $90 for the plans, but that also includes over 5 hours of detailed video instructions. I have not previously bought any of the TWW's guild projects, so reviews from those who have are appreciated.
  • I have Andy Charron's Desks book, and I like the desk on the cover. Though it's a bit simplistic.
I'm leaning towards the Wood Whisperer's plans, but just curious to see what else is out there.

beloitdavisja

James
Corporate Member
I would put myself solidly in the semi-noob category for furniture :) Those plans look nice, but Modern is not quite my design aesthetic.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS