Recommend a plumber please

Status
Not open for further replies.

gfernandez

Gonzalo
Corporate Member
So I came home from work this afternoon to the sound of our basement tank alarm going off. Apparently the Zoeller M267 pump I installed 7 years ago is not working. There is power to the outlet, and thankfully the tank is not leaking.
Anything else I am missing that may be quick and easy? (wishful thinking, I know!)

While this is something I could probably replace myself, I'd prefer to have someone come do it. Any recommendations for plumbers in the cary area? I found one that was good with letting me buy the new pump and letting him install it.

Thanks in advance for the help and happy Easter!

gonzalo

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Only plumber I ever used when I was in Cary was Cary Plumbing. Since I could handle the simple items I only used them for bigger work like hot heaters.

Jim Roche

New User
jim
I've been very satisfied with the quality work that Fuquay Plumbing has done my friends and family. Terry the owner is a good guy. They do work everywhere besides Fuquay.

Jim

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Cary Plumbing is OK, my goto guy though is Jeffrey Falls of Falls Plumbing.

919-four-six-seven-5185 Tell him Ken sent you.

He's actually been on a PBS program about replacing the grey plastic pipe with copper.

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
I called Cary Plumbing on a weekend to inquire about replacing my water heater - labor only. They quoted me "at least $500". I passed.

manfre

New User
Manfre
I called Cary Plumbing on a weekend to inquire about replacing my water heater - labor only. They quoted me "at least $500". I passed.

They're not the cheapest, but I've found them to do quality work and are honest.

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
They're not the cheapest, but I've found them to do quality work and are honest.
I've never heard any complaints about their work, but I like plumbers who do quality work, are honest, and charge a reasonable rate. Where I come from, $500 for less than an hour's work to install an electric water heater is expensive. I ultimately found someone who was highly recommended and who was willing to do it for $150, but by that time, I already fixed the old one, and it's still working fine.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Hi Gonzalo. Unfortunately no recommendations from me; I typically do my own work and am not sure who to recommend. Is the bad pump on a recirculating system on your hot water return pipe or something different?

Scott

gfernandez

Gonzalo
Corporate Member
So I am at work this morning, and started compiling a list of a few plumbers to call about pricing, etc. Had to call the wife to get a part number, and when she went to the basement she commented to me, over the phone, that the tank alarm was no longer on. With some trepidation, I had her turn the faucet on to see what would happen. And wouldn't you know, the pump kicked in and started working like it should.

Not sure if something got hung up on the float valve or what, but apparently it has cleared. I had her keep the water going to cycle it through 4 or 5 times to make sure it was not a fluke. Will still be keeping an eye on the pump over the next few weeks, but I'm glad to have this outcome.

Thanks again to everyone for their recommendations, I have a list of plumbers saved on my computer in case there is need in the future....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS