Reclaimed wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bugle

Preston
Corporate Member
Anyone know of a good source for reclaimed wood. My son-in-law wants me to help him build a display box for an antique shotgun. I'm thinking old barn siding, flooring, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Jeff

New User
Jeff
These folks are near Pittsboro and they're very nice to work with. I'm guessing that you don't need a lot of lumber and they can probably help you mix and match for your design. Then again, you may not want reclaimed pine. ?????

http://www.heartwoodpine.com

wooduser

New User
Lecil
Try the Reuse Warehouse 1400 Easr Geer in Durham. They have old siding as well as all types of salvaged building materials.

Charlottend

New User
Brian
It's a bit further of a hike but there's a local store in Charlotte that has tons of domestic reclaimed wood, including beautiful but expensive 300 yr old French oak.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Another vote for the Reuse Store.....no that far from Apex

W Burton

New User
Bill
Brian, do you have any contact info for this place? Might be worth checking out next time I am in that area.

Bill

It's a bit further of a hike but there's a local store in Charlotte that has tons of domestic reclaimed wood, including beautiful but expensive 300 yr old French oak.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
There is a restore in Fuquay next to the Tractor Supply. Might want to check there.

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
If you haven't found what you need yet, just saw this on Raleigh CL.

https://raleigh.craigslist.org/mat/6015677495.html

[h=2]Tobacco/Pack House Barn Wood - $1 (spring hope)[/h][h=2][/h] image 1 of 4
00C0C_CLSprUHBl_600x450.jpg

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap

(google map)

I just took down a tobacco pack house and have a nice supply of barn wood. This tobacco pack house was over 100 years old according to the owners. I have some 2x8 and 2x6 pine that is very heavy and in great shape. This is old pine rough cut. This was a two story tobacco pack house and these were the joist and rafters. Length's are from nine foot to sixteen foot. Prices are $1.25 per running foot for the 2x6 and $1.50 per running foot for the 2x8. For more information PLEASE CALL
show contact info
PLEASE NO TEXTING OR E-MAILS. PHONE CALLS ONLY. Please no calls asking me to hold it until next week. I sell to first come first serve. CASH ONLY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS