Reclaimed wood

Status
Not open for further replies.

uncledavid

New User
David
I am looking for exterior reclaimed wood to use on an interior accent wall. Looking for weathered look. Need enough to cover 9x 14 foot wall. Anyone know where this can be located. Need for price to be reasonable. I am in the Durham, Hillsborough area.

Thanks
David

dustin510

New User
Dustin
Check out Revient located in Wilkesboro. I have gotten tons of material from them. Very friendly and knowledgeable. They have one of the most impressive warehouses full floor to ceiling with reclaimed hand hewn, circle sawn and other textures of wood.

http://revientllc.com/

tarheelz

Dave
Corporate Member
I cannot say for sure but the ReStore in Durham on Saturday had bundles of seriously distressed boards. Either rustic exterior or extremely old, rustic flooring. As I wasn't looking in that direction, I didn't focus on it. (It's in the area of the floor where they typically have pallets of flooring remnants.

LB75

George
http://www.thereusewarehouse.com/

Located in North Durham. They have what you need, in unbelievably large quantity. Acres of it.

K

So if I was on the hunt for a 10' long, 4"x 8" distressed timber to use for a fireplace mantle, would these guys likely have it? I don't mind making the drive from Concord as long as there's a reasonable shot they'll have what I'm looking for.

jazzflute

Kevin
Corporate Member
George,

They have a huge warehouse full of lumber and other materials that are all salvaged from old barns, houses, etc. They seem to have a pretty good handle on their inventory, so you may want to give them a call and ask them what they have. I bet they would send you some pictures so that you wouldn't make the drive for nothing.

K

LB75

George
George,

They have a huge warehouse full of lumber and other materials that are all salvaged from old barns, houses, etc. They seem to have a pretty good handle on their inventory, so you may want to give them a call and ask them what they have. I bet they would send you some pictures so that you wouldn't make the drive for nothing.

K

Thanks Kevin. Thinking I should bring the wife with me to take a look around. I'm sure she can find some inspiration for some projects while we're there.

chris_goris

Chris
Senior User
Im not sure if youre looking for actual old lumber or just the appearance of it. However, the appearance is very easy to replicate using steel wool and white vinegar. There are tons of youtube videos available. This may save you some money being able to buy rough cut SYP or something cheaper and get you what youre after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS