Recent Turnings

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
12"D x 14"H - Sapele, Maple, Cherry - 1621 Pcs.

100_0346.JPG
100_0347.JPG
100_0348.JPG

7 1/2"D x 12"H - Sapele, Maple, Bloodwood - 785 Pcs.

100_0349.JPG

9 1/2" x 9 1/2" - Sapele, Maple, Peruvian Walnut - 301 Pcs.

100_0351.JPG

Thanks for looking. All comments welcome.

creasman

Jim
Staff member
Corporate Member
Amazing artistry as always, Charlie. I'm even amazed you keep count of all the pieces!

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Charlie, as always your craftsmanship is beautiful! It appears that you have entered the "swirl" phase of your turning career! Those top pieces look to be extremely small; they must have been changeling to cut and to glue.

ErnieM

Ernie
Corporate Member
Charlie

You're an artist like no other. Have a happy and healthy New Year - and keep turning.

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Charlie, as always your craftsmanship is beautiful! It appears that you have entered the "swirl" phase of your turning career! Those top pieces look to be extremely small; they must have been changeling to cut and to glue.
Thanks Donn. There are 48 segments per ring. The segments in the top ring are .140" or 5/64". Tiny!

Reactions: drw

teesquare

T
Senior User
Charlie -
Your segmented works are incredible. Do you teach? I am interested in learning segmenting. I am turning a lot of bowls, platters, and...creeping up on hollow forms ( have 3 hollowing systems )- but really wants o combine the segmenting and hollow form as you have done so beautifully.
Please let me know!
T

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Charlie -
Your segmented works are incredible. Do you teach? I am interested in learning segmenting. I am turning a lot of bowls, platters, and...creeping up on hollow forms ( have 3 hollowing systems )- but really wants o combine the segmenting and hollow form as you have done so beautifully.
Please let me know!
T
T,
Please let me know when you would like to visit and I will go through the process that I use.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Great stuff as usual. I particularly like the feature ring in the last one. Symmetrical but not, sorta?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS