Recent projects

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
OK folks - here's are some of the projects from the last few months:

100_5521.JPG100_5522.JPG
Video storage cabinet for my oldest son. QSRO, spalted Maple, Poplar - all from SRHardwoods. Finished with 1 coat Danish Oil and 2 coats blond shellac, rubbed out for a satin-ish finish.

100_5527.JPG
This one is a quick throw-together garden tool tote for LOML. Ambrosia maple also from SRHardwoods (I LOVE having a sawyer within 30 min drive!).

100_5523.JPG
Here's a WIP pic of the bookshelf for my younger son, QSRO, this one is now complete so I'll have to get a better picture - please excuse the messy state of my shop :eek:

100_5386.JPG

I addition to all that, last January ('14) - we had a new roof put on the house, then in March/April I installed the solar hot water system, followed in June by new siding, windows, doors, trim and gutters! Trying to get ready for that eventual "retirement" in 10 - 15 years...

I have more pictures somewhere, but I'm not finding them right at the moment so I'll have to post some more later...

Best to all,
C.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Nice work and that shop looked fine. I could see some empty work surfaces. Try to find one of those in my shop right now.

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Thanks guys!

Alex and I just finished moving his bookshelf into the house, so I took a better picture. The carcase is BORG oak veneer plywood (I definitely WONT do that again!) and the face frame and doors are QSRO from Chris.

100_5530.JPG

I claim NO responsibility for the shelf spacing - that's all Alex. Yes, they are adjustable.

Best too all,
Chris

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Very nice chris.....how thick did you leave the shelves on the bookcase?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors