Recent Pens

Status
Not open for further replies.

allisnut

Adam
Corporate Member
I've been working on building up some inventory for upcoming shows. Feel free to let me know what you think, good or bad.

Adam

Cape Fear Pine Civil War Pen.
DSCN3051.jpg

Koa Vertex.
DSCN3050.jpg

Cape Fear Pine Vertex.
DSCN3048.jpg

Cocobolo Polaris.
DSCN3046.jpg

Cape Fear Pine Cigar.
DSCN3041.jpg

Turquoise Truestone Gatsby.
DSCN3040.jpg

Koa Gatsby.
DSCN3039.jpg

Olivewood and spalted Oak cigars.
DSCN3010.jpg

The one on the left is reverse painted purple, the on on the right is reverse painted black. Makes a difference, huh?
DSCN3009.jpg

Bryan S

Bryan
Sweet looking pens :eusa_clap. The last 2 are my favs, they have a bit of that psychedelic look to them.

Russ Denz

New User
Russ
Nice pens, Adam!! Can you tell me where to get more info on the reverse painting process; it really does make quite a bit of difference - thanks.
Russ

Carl Fisher

New User
Carl
Nice looking pens Adam. Keep it up!

For Russ,
Reverse painting is painting the inside of the hole once it's drilled out. On any material that is not 100% opaque, this method can and will alter the coloring of the blank.

There are 100 different methods, but typically you just use an acrylic paint or spray paint and either brush or shoot the hole. I typically go one step further as well and tint the epoxy when gluing the tubes in to be sure no drill marks or variation in color detracts from the body.

I have a very good contrast example of the same blank reverse painted white vs black but I'll start a new post for that since I don't want to stop the Adam's thread.

Bugle

Preston
Corporate Member
My favorite is the Cape Fear pine civil war pen. Perfect choice of wood for that one. Make sure whoever gets that one knows the history of the wood.

allisnut

Adam
Corporate Member
Thanks for the kind words!

I have a small card with the history of the cape fear pine that goes with each pen that I made from it.

Adam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors