Reason my segments are wrong size.

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
At anything more accurate than 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000ths of an inch you are probably going to need a new more accurate scribe Charlie. Maybe adapt an atomic microscope with a microline laser?

Can't wait to see the results :)

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
IIRC, Mike Davis once stated here that "Accuracy is the enemy of precision."

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Charlie, I knew something was "off" but out of respect to you and my admiration for your craftsmanship I didn't want to say anything. That said, I am beyond happy that you figured it out, I can't wait to see the impact this correction will have on your work! 🤠

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Ah... just one more
1678884765439.png

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
IIRC, Mike Davis once stated here that "Accuracy is the enemy of precision."
Did I say that?

Accuracy and precision are two measures of observational error. Accuracy is how close a given set of measurements are to their true value, while precision is how close the measurements are to each other.

Willemjm

Willem
Corporate Member
Once you have that dialed in, remember to calculate the rate of compression based on the torque you apply to the ring clamp screws. Then take into account that each wood species you are using has a different modulus of elasticity. So in turn that means you have to tweak the miter angle ever so slightly for each species of wood used.

See this linky

Can’t wait to see the calculations.

If that does not get you close enough, consider trying Hook’s law.

Last edited:

petebucy4638

Pete
Corporate Member
At anything more accurate than 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000ths of an inch you are probably going to need a new more accurate scribe Charlie. Maybe adapt an atomic microscope with a microline laser?

Can't wait to see the results :)
Maybe a quantum measuring tool of some sort. The Vulcans might have something that accurate - probably not.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS