Rearranged shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Crews

New User
Paul Crews
Hello,

I had some time this week to rearrange and organize the 1 car garage size shop. I've been moving things around bit by bit for the past few months. I'd move something and think it was good until I used another tool. I finally figured out a decent layout. I've used all of the tools and nothing interferes with anything else. I have room to move around from one tool to another. :) So here it is.

P1020064.JPG

P1020065.JPG

There's a couple of more pics in my album "new shop pics" http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/showgallery.php?cat=888

I'm always up for new ideas. So if you had my space and my tools what would you do diffently?

Thanks for looking

Paul

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I'm always up for new ideas. So if you had my space and my tools what would you do diffently?
Paul

Get a bigger space :lol: :lol: :lol: Sorry just kidding.

You have organized that space well and seem to use it very efficiently. Do you have to move a lot of equipment, or are most things available for use where they are sitting.
Love the "Paul's Cave" sign, I have something similar but not as nicely done, that denotes my shop just as "The Cave".
Dave:)

J

jeff...

Wow nice clean and organized shop there... mine on the other hand looks like a bomb when off in it 8-O.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
The only thing I might would change is turn the bandsaw 180 degrees.

Overall it looks good, but it is hard to judge these types of things by pictures (at least for me).

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
Okay, I'm starting a new thread. SHOP NAME. About two hours ago, I told the finest woman in the world I was going to "my house." Of course, that's because the shop is almost as big as our main house (both are too small :crybaby2: :crybaby2: ) and I (that's a capital "I") have say-so in MY house. If your shop has a name, or needs a name, chime in. I spent 2 hours out there just thinking. Smooth jazz on the cheap transistor, cats in my lap, there is heaven on earth. 'Scuze me while I cut/paste the last part into my new thread. Well, heck, I'm gonna copy the whole thing. CTRL-A CTRL-C is my friend.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
For most of us it should be "TOY BOX" as that is where we keep our toys! If your is a discussion area (sex, religion, politics, money etc.) you could call it a regular old house of knowledge. Similar to old time barber shop.

P Crews

New User
Paul Crews
Thanks for the replies. Dave, for the most part everything stays where it is. I have to move the belt sander out to use it . My planer and scroll saw are kept under the lathe table (adds weight to the table). The sander, planer and scroll saw are interchangable on the tool stand. The stand has a small craftsman clamping table on it that I use to secure each of the 3 tools. The sign comes from the LOML calling it the "Man Cave." Travis the only reason the bandsaw is facing the tablesaw is it takes up less space. It's on a homemade mobile base so if for some reason I need to move it I can.

Paul

4yanks

New User
Willie
Paul,

I appreciate the effort you must have put in to your shop to make it work. I also have a small shop and take inspiration from your efforts.

P Crews

New User
Paul Crews
Thanks Willie. One day I'll have a shop where there'll be just too much space and I'll say "You know, I need a new tool to go there."

Paul

DaveO

New User
DaveO
One day I'll have a shop where there'll be just too much space.... Paul

Only in your dreams, that is like saying one day I will have too much money
The more that you get the more that you will need
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

P Crews

New User
Paul Crews
Only in your dreams, that is like saying one day I will have too much money
The more that you get the more that you will need
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Too true, but life is dull without dreams.

P Crews

New User
Paul Crews
Well, I've used all of the major tools except for the planer in the past week with no problems. :eusa_danc I've ripped 4X8 sheets of ply, cut 8' lumber in half with the radial, routed outside edges on 3' boards, and used the bandsaw. I know the planer won't be a problem since I normally put in on a stand and roll it into the driveway to use it. The cool thing is the boys can workout at the same time as I'm working on whatever project which leads to a little more time spent together. Thanks everyone for making this such a great site. It's definitely my favorite place to hang out on the web.:icon_thum

Paul

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS