RDU CL - Planer - $125 (Raleigh) (post now deleted)

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
EDIT - CL post now deleted by author - presumably SOLD - end EDIT

not mine, not endorsing....

but I have one of these, and at this price, this item is a 'steal' if this is in working order, Motor alone is likely worth that much. This is a lifetime tool - albeit one with straight knives not a insert cuttterhead (although a new cutterhead can be converted, for a price considerably more than $125).

May need 240V electrical service, as these machine often come with 3 or even 5 HP motors.

Henry

Planer - tools - by owner - sale

Planer - $125 (Raleigh)
image 1 of 2

00u0u_SNKIWtsnyW_600x450.jpg

Faircloth near wade avenue

condition: good
make / manufacturer: Belsaw
model name / number: 9103
Belsaw board planer

Last edited:

marinosr

Richard
Corporate Member
Wow thanks for the heads-up! I've written the owners... hoping they'll agree to store it for $ until I can get it in June.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Wow thanks for the heads-up! I've written the owners... hoping they'll agree to store it for $ until I can get it in June.
I'm sure there are some NCWW's who would be willing to store it for you. Of course they would keep it exercised so it wouldn't be out of shape.

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Ok Bob, wow.

Makes me think about the adage about 'breaking down a complicated process into a series of simple steps '. All well and good, but there is a whole lot of knowledge and experience that goes into undertaking those simple steps; quite frankly knowledge and experience at a level that I do not have. I'm comfortable making adjustment on my tools as needed, but not to the stage if disassembly you show in replacing bearings.
Should I ever have issues with mine I will know who to ask!

Thanks

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
Hoping you can swing arrangements. As Bruce suggests, ask around here if you need storage if the seller won't/can't provide.
I hope you realize that this is a 12" planer - a lifetime tool, but still it is limited to a 12" wide piece. A worthwhile acquisition if you can swing it.

marinosr

Richard
Corporate Member
The guy got back to me... he can't store it... so I put out a cri de coeur on another thread for someone to help me pick it up and store it until I'm back in NC in June. I've seen those planers and they're built like tanks, that's for sure... 12" is a drawback but 80% of what I plane is less than that anyway. and I always have my #7 for larger tasks.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Most of the Belsaw planers were molders also. A very versatile machine that can last a couple of lifetimes!

bob vaughan

Bob Vaughan
Senior User
Those rubber rollers were a blessing and a curse. For maintenance, they wore out after 15 or 20 years of standard use, so that was an annoyance. As to use, they were a blessing and really worked well. I had one for many years. It really did a good job.
The lead screws were fine thread so it took a lot of turns to raise and lower the bed. This fine thread also allowed some very precise adjustments. IIRC, one turn of the handle equaled 1/16" movement of the bed. That equates to .00017" per degree, so a 30º rotation of the handle raises the bed .005".

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS