RBI closing the doors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Very Sad! :gar-Cr I have the 16" model and just love it. It's unique style, bold red, frame and all aluminum construction. The end of an era for sure.

I wonder if these will ultimately be "collector items" A SS Icon amongst woodworkers?

All I can say, is Im glad I own one!

RBI_Hawk216VS_1.JPG

Matt

Last edited:

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Well that stinks. I had thought about getting one of those in a few years. Guess I will have to scout the used market when the time comes.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
hawklogo.gif

_clear.gif
_clear.gif
_clear.gif

Over the years, Hawk Woodworking Tools has become a major manufacturer of industrial equipment and stationary power tools for woodworking professionals and hobbyists.
For those years we would like to thank you for your customer loyalty and support here at Hawk Woodworking Tools.

Effective March 2, 2009 we are sorry to announce that we have closed our doors due to challenging economic times.

Once again thank you,
Hawk Woodworking Industries LLC.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
It is a sad day when a compnay who makes a quality product has to close their doors. :cry_smile

cskipper

Cathy
Wow - that is a shame! I really hadn't thought of the unintended consequences of folks tightening their wallets.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
It's a ripple effect that I'm afraid we'll all be affected by for some time to come. If any company out there can't adapt to the economic situation of today, and they don't have the wherewithal to weather out an unpredictably long 'economic downturn', then they may face the same fate. Everyone needs to think about this as it applies to their own skills and abilities and how they relate to this economy. Lots of niches are being closed up, so make sure you've got the adaptability to survive. It's 'Who moved my cheese?" on a very large scale.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
This is something of a generalization (and I know all generalizations are wrong :) ), but it seems like the middle tier of hobby/leisure vendors take it worst in a downturn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS