Raleigh Woodcraft - new location

Status
Not open for further replies.

jglord

New User
John
I stopped by the old Raleigh Woodcraft last night to show my daughter the store and a sign on the door indicates the new location will be across the street from the old location. Actually, it will be on Pleasant Valley Road, which runs parallel to Glenwood. The new store is visible from Glenwood and from the old store. It is a tan building on the left side of Pleasant Valley Road, about 100 yards in from Glenwood.

The sign indicates they will be opening "late fall." They have said they will look to hire the old gang, when they open. So I hope to see you all there - maybe - don't know if I can hang-on till then. :lol:

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
John,

Thanks for the update. It is good news to hear they will open so soon. It will be better news when they announce hiring the old gang.

Ray

sapwood

New User
Roger
That's definitely a good "sign" :icon_thum
Good luck to you and the rest of the gang.

BTW, hope they have lots of fresh coffee for Steve :eusa_danc

Roger

ebarr

New User
Wayne
I ran to the Greensboro store last night. They told me that It was going to be a larger store. Don't know if that's true.

I am glad it's staying on the same side of town.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Now that is service! Thursday morning, I got an email from Woodcraft, asking about their ideas for a new slogan. The end of the survey had a "any other suggestions?" box. I replied "open the Raleigh Woodcraft as soon as possible."

No need to thank me. Send all monies to.....:roll:

jjflash

New User
Jack
As a former employee of the Raleigh Woodcraft, I can affirm that the previous owner was looking for a new and larger location. I left WC over a year ago, a second retirement from active employment. The owner and Tom, the manager, were great people with whom to work. I would not have left, except I wanted to move away from the Triangle, and smell more sawdust at home.

It takes a lot of effort and dollars to make a retail business work, and cash flow is critical. The management was willing, but I do not think that the store could be sustained in its location. A larger building with more class facilites and larger warehouse was sorely needed. The WC franchise fee is fairly steep; not sure what it is today, but think of nearly a million $ in fees and inventory to get a Woodcraft up and going.

I have been to several other WC stores, including the HDQTRs store in Parkersburg, WV, and the Raleigh WC store was small for the market. I now shop at the Charlotte store in my new NC foothills location. If the new Raleigh store mirrors some of Charlotte's ideas and lay out, I think that it will be a success. And I agree with other posts in that the previous staff, at least the ones with whom I worked, would be an asset to the new store. It is hard to replace knowledgable woodworkers, and the two most important things that the Raleigh management emphasized were woodworking knowledge and customer service. Sales people can be taught how to work the register, but it takes more than hitting a register key to figure out how to put a micro bevel on a chisel.

Best wishes to the old staff and the new store; may they have a joyous mating!

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome Jack :eusa_clap
Glad you finally joined NCWWer :icon_thum
Don't forget to introduce yourself on the "Who We Are" forum and post a few pixs. Consider this a threat or I'll tell what I know, then John, then Tom :lol:

Cheers,
Roger

jglord

New User
John
Hey Jack :eusa_danc

Welcome - it is great to hear from you. The ladies at Chick-Fil-A have been asking about you. I hope all is well and I look forward to hearing from you again soon.:eusa_clap

Mike Wilkins

Mike
Corporate Member
Glad to hear they are opening up another store. I enjoyed the staff and their positive attitudes whenever I was in town and got to visit.
At least the new location will be easier to get into and out of. The old location and parking was sometimes dicey, and the new store will make it easier to get back onto Glenwood.

GeorgeL

New User
George
Just received this email from the new Raleigh Woodcraft owners

George

Raleigh Store News

Greetings!
I’m David Boyuka, the new owner of the Woodcraft Store in Raleigh. While I know the store closing is an inconvenience, I promise you the new store will be better than before. Our new location at 4317 Pleasant Valley Road is just a stone’s throw away from the previous location and will allow us to offer an expanded product selection in a larger, more attractive setting. We’re working on the build-out now and hope to have the store completed, stocked and open in November.

I’m a resident of North Carolina and have owned the Charlotte Woodcraft store since 1998. Some of you might have already visited our store in Charlotte, and I invite everyone to stop by if you are in the area, especially while we are between locations in Raleigh. Now in the interest of full disclosure, I have to admit something that may not sit well with some of you Duke and Carolina fans. I have a son attending N.C. State, but that will just give me more reason to spend time at the Raleigh store and get to know our great customers.

I’d like to take a moment to also introduce Herb Shelly, who will manage the new Raleigh store.
532_HerbShelly.jpg

Herb has over 10 years of experience managing Woodcraft stores in Virginia. Now, technically Virginia is below the Mason Dixon line, so I would ask ya’ll to give him a good southern welcome. He and his family will be relocating to the Raleigh area, and he is very anxious to become part of the woodworking community. I appreciate your patience during this transition and value your business. I would like the opportunity to both get to know you and share in your woodworking pursuits in the future. Check back regularly as we’ll be posting updates on how we’re progressing.​

Thank you kindly, David​

Touchwood

New User
Don
I stopped by the old Raleigh Woodcraft last night to show my daughter the store and a sign on the door indicates the new location will be across the street from the old location. Actually, it will be on Pleasant Valley Road, which runs parallel to Glenwood. The new store is visible from Glenwood and from the old store. It is a tan building on the left side of Pleasant Valley Road, about 100 yards in from Glenwood.

The sign indicates they will be opening "late fall." They have said they will look to hire the old gang, when they open. So I hope to see you all there - maybe - don't know if I can hang-on till then. :lol:

Hang in there John,

Just read the post from the new owner....sounds good.

Don

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Awesome News!!!

Everyone:

I relocate here from VA in 2006. I shopped regularly at the Springfield Woodcraft. Herb is terrific!!! His moving here is wonderful news. :eusa_clap He was always personable and very helpful. I look forward to welcoming him. Now if I can just get him to stop stalking me. This Woodworkers relocation program aint worth beans. :-D

Doug

sapwood

New User
Roger
Re: Awesome News!!!

Everyone:

I relocate here from VA in 2006. I shopped regularly at the Springfield Woodcraft. Herb is terrific!!! His moving here is wonderful news. :eusa_clap He was always personable and very helpful. I look forward to welcoming him. Now if I can just get him to stop stalking me. This Woodworkers relocation program aint worth beans. :-D

Doug

:rolf: Apparently the CDC has identified you as a known carrier of WoodGuy Disease and notified the proper authorities . . . Woodcraft.

Look forward to meeting Herb when things are up and running.

Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS