Raleigh Craiglist: Shopsmith 2000 Tablesaw only $250!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That's cool, I didn't know that Shopsmith made much other than the "Shopsmith all-in-one thingy" SS stuff is well built with a great fit and finish, that could be a sweet TS for someone.
Dave:)

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Wow. From the photo, that saw looks solid, well appointed, fully featured, and well maintained. MIght be a great saw for someone... and for a low price. Anybody know what the reputation of ShopSmith might be for service or availability / price for spare parts?

Ray

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
Kinda late to be answering but I have owned one of these for the past 12 years. Parts are hard to come by as Shopsmith disowned this model a few years ago. Mine is still working and being used reguarly, now has a Biese fence and a Excaliber sliding table attached to it.
Minor problems are the aluminum table that marks my red oak unless I clean the surface with Top Coat. Positives are replacing the blade is easy as is monted on a arbor that is set screwed to the motor shaft.
Had to replce the bearing for height adjustment shaft which was still stocked at Shop Smith. There is a user group forum http://www.ssug.org/forums/viewforum.php?f=14
however there is not much activity on this product. I have also discontinued using the radial saw portion as it was a little too dangerous.
Did this by adding a few clamps to the shaft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS