Raleigh CL - Large Black Walnut Tree (on ground ready for milling)

Status
Not open for further replies.

woodworker2000

Christopher
Corporate Member
Found this on Raleigh CL and thought it might be of some interest to our sawmill owners or anyone with a portable mill.

Link: http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mat/1615254279.html
Black walnut tree (raleigh, down town)

Date: 2010-02-24, 12:10AM EST
Reply to: sale-csauy-1615254279@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]

tree service removing black walnut. about 18" diameter at breast height (dbh) has vines on side of tree but no visable branches for 18 feet. larger branches, 10 inches x 10 feet. can deliver. or load your truck or trailer. Can have portable saw mill on site (you pay for the cost of having the saw mill cut the lumber) and load directly on your trailer and we will dispose of the debris. Looking for $200 or best offer. Tree is on the ground. Call Underwood Tree Service 919 462-0031

• it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I saw that one and thought about posting, but I think it might be risky. It's in downtown Raleigh. Odds of it containing metal are fairly significant. It's 18", but walnut is a sapwood/heartwood mix, so it might only have a 10" core of heartwood. If it were more reasonably priced, I might see if I could drum up interest between carvers and turners to cut it up and share. Our new member in Asheboro is looking for a large walnut carving blank for an African style mask, which a piece of this seems perfect for. One of the sawyers may correct me, but I am not sure $200 is a deal for this log given the risks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS