Raleigh area SHOP Crawl - 12/7/19 Updated 12/4/19

SabertoothBunny

SabertoothBunny
Corporate Member
This sounds like it will be a lot of fun and educational for a developing woodworker such as myself. I would love to be part of this.

Ted P

Ted
Corporate Member
If it turns out that there is any space available for the crawl, Ted P would like to be included

fulldec

Don
Corporate Member
Phil, it seems I will have to pass on the shop crawl. I'll be heading north that weekend. I yield my spot to the next one in line. Sorry to miss it.

Don

Michael Mathews

Michael
Corporate Member
Unfortunately I'm going to have to bow out due to work circumstances... :(
Please someone else jump in here and fill my spot. This is so painful but I have no choice in the matter. UGH

ednl

ed
Senior User
If space is available or opens up due to cancellation, I would like to join this crawl please. Thanks. Ed

JohnnyR

John
Corporate Member
Great Doug, I'll give them the chance to compare it with a totally (almost) inefficient system:)

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I just updated the attendee list - please respond if I have made a mistake
This is a great turn out - for those whom have seen my shop before, it has changed

I will be sending out maps and more on Dec 1

Lunch will be at my shop - if you have any special dietary restrictions, please let me know

Charlie

Charlie
Corporate Member
Phil, Will there be stick on material (or other means) available at the first shop so everyone can make a name tag (if they don't already have one) so we know who's who?

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Phil, Will there be stick on material (or other means) available at the first shop so everyone can make a name tag (if they don't already have one) so we know who's who?
I don't know about you Charlie, but us respectable woodworkers will mill up some quarter inch stock, cut it to size, hand-carve our names into it, and then do marquetry/ inlays to express our personal woodworking style. The name plates are then french polished and buffed out to 20000 grit. :D

Yeah, name stickers would be great :)

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
The planning stage is almost complete.

Unfortunately one of our host had to drop due to a plumbing disaster and the effects are still being repaired. I am attempting to add a tour of a local commercial shop that also offers help to local woodworkers. I will get that finalized on Monday.

The current plan is an AM to visit John's shop in Rolesville and Doug's shop in North Raleigh. Due to the size of the group and the size of the shops being visited, we need to split the group into two - I will send out the team list plus the addresses on Monday night.

Hopefully after the two shop tours, we can all meet at the commercial shop if I can get that arranged. If not we will all meet at my shop for a tour and lunch. Lunch will be Panera sour dough bread bowls filled with non-tomato chili topped with applewood smoked bacon and shredded Vermont cheddar cheese and assorted drinks

Afternoon shop tours will be Charlie's in South Raleigh and Donn's in Holly Springs

More to come Monday night

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS