Raleigh area SHOP Crawl - 12/7/19 Updated 12/4/19

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
We are approaching capacity, we must limit to 30 Only two spots left
After we signup 30 crawlers, I will start a standby list

This great tradition began in Raleigh (thanks Doug R). It is time to have another.
We will start by visiting two or three shops in north Raleigh, have a lunch stop at my shop and then continue to see a couple more shops in south Raleigh

Reply in this thread to participate - do not wait too long as we may have to set a limit

The north Raleigh shop hosts are:
Bas - still recovering from a bad water leak. His spot has been filled by a private tour of Raleigh Reclaimed
Johnny R - great furniture builder
Doug Robinson - new shop in process (Doug, you have almost 100 days)
Phil S - same old shop (actually lots of changes) but lunch will be fresh and hopefully good

South Raleigh shops are:
Charlie - The finest segmented turner on the east coast, this shop is a must see
Donn - Newly completed very well thought out shop

The crawler list is:

Team 1 - starts at Doug's

1. Kevin (Kfoor70)
2. Dirk (golfdad)
4. David K
5. Rich (mrfixit71)
6. Bruce (badger fan)
7. Jeremy Scuteri
8. Mike K
9. Charlie
10. Donn (DRW)
11. Doug R
12. Gene (Dee2)
13. Gene's Dearly Beloved a.k.a. Sally

Team 2 - starts at John's
15. Bas
16. Jim (creasman)
18. Johnny R
19. Tom Murphy
20. Anita Murphy
21. Burns (redbeard)
22. Sabertooth Bunny
23. Nick (nickNack)
24. Ted P
26. Danny Batchelor
27. Ed (ednl)
28. FredP

Plus we will have a few wannabe NCWW members joining us for lunch

Both teams will then meet up at Raleigh Reclaimed in North Raleigh for a private tour

An exact list of addresses and times will be sent via private message

Thanks

Last edited:

jcz

Johnny
Corporate Member
I would like to attend if I do not have to work. That is our peak season and sometimes they force 6 day work week on us. Won’t know til late November.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Phil, Adele and I would like to attend...if your interpretation of "south Raleigh" extends all the way to Holly Springs, then we would enjoy have folks visit my shop.

bowman

Board of Directors, Webmaster
Neal
Staff member
Corporate Member
Phil, this has been added to the calendar. We also have Klinspors Winston celebration the same date.

badger fan

Bruce
User
This great tradition began in Raleigh (thanks Doug R). It is time to have another.
We will start by visiting two or three shops in north Raleigh, have a lunch stop at my shop and then continue to see a couple more shops in south Raleigh

Reply in this thread to participate - do not wait too long as we may have to set a limit

The north Raleigh shop hosts are:
Bas - our recovering tool addict
David Turner - creator of stunning American Period pieces
Doug Robinson - new shop in process (Doug, you have almost 100 days)
Phil S - same old shop but lunch will be fresh and hopefully good

South Raleigh shops are to be determined. If you would like to host, please PM me

Thanks
I plan to attend.

golfdad

Co-director of Outreach
Dirk
Corporate Member
Scott the Open house for Klingspors on that date is in Winston Salem. Hopefully some of our Triad members will represent us at this one.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Phil, I am working on it. Installed new light fixture, moved bench-top into the shop and worked on the dust collection system yesterday. Still LOTS to do!.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS